OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey GBATempers.

I own a XBOX 360 for quite a time now... got 16615 gamerscore..
My XBOX made a big scratch on my COD5WAW but i somehow fixed it..

Anyone knows a nice game, where you can really spend nice time in..
I aint much of a free roamer, on GTA 4 i beated all the missions and then never looked at the game again.
Though i think Just cause 2 is capable of some more hours for me..

Whats your opinion on final fantasy 13, how long can a normal person spend on it(not a FF addict)

is it true that Far cry 2 has died... are there still people playing it??

I want that the Play, Create, Share games(like Little big planet and mod nation racers) comes more to xbox..
Anyone knows some nice games where you can create yer own things (i sux at halo forge.. i cant get all things nice and straight next to each other)

Please answer my question and/or tell me something about your xbox 360 history(like gamerscore and games played)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most Xbox 360 games are engineered to suck a lot of your time away with multiplayer. Hell, a lot of titles are very single player light but multiplayer heavy. My personal favorite for multiplayer is Left 4 Dead 1 and 2.

I don't know about FFXIII, but reviews have had it lower than its predecessors. And the Xbox version is said to run significantly worse than the PS3 version.

Generally if you want to know what games are active or not online, check out Major Nelson. Every week he lists the Top 20 most active Xbox titles. As for Far Cry 2, I don't know, never played it. Odds are some people still play it but it won't be as huge as it was when it was released. That's the case for most games.

For Play/Create/Share games, I don't know of many on the 360, but the Forge you mentioned is actually quite good in Halo 3. Practice makes perfect, so just keep trying.

D

Deleted-247497

bioshock is really fun, REALLY challenging proabbly worth a coupole playthrus

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Borderlands, Mass Effect and BioShock are really good games.

If you want a game you can create levels and stuff, then check out Trials HD.
wink.gif

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took me 26 hours to beat Final Fantasy XIII without doing the side missions. For a complete game, it took me 102 hours, that was to max out all characters, weapons, all side missions, and what not.

EDIT: I have Final Fantasy on PS3.

Also, as far as recommendations go, All of the Assassin's Creed games are great, Devil May Cry 4 is pretty good, Resident Evil 5 is great, and Splinter Cell: Conviction is really good.

westarrr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
snico1995 said:
bioshock is really fun, REALLY challenging proabbly worth a coupole playthrus
well... i dont like it that much, i get those shivers(is it a word? tho sounds nice) by that game... dno, but i dont get em with jericho and condemned

Delta517 said:
Borderlands, Mass Effect and BioShock are really good games.

If you want a game you can create levels and stuff, then check out Trials HD.
wink.gif

Ill try Borderlands and Trials thx alot!

QUOTE(AaronUzumaki @ Jul 1 2010, 05:21 PM)
I took me 26 hours to beat Final Fantasy XIII without doing the side missions. For a complete game, it took me 102 hours, that was to max out all characters, weapons, all side missions, and what not.

Also, as far as recommendations go, All of the Assassin's Creed games are great, Devil May Cry 4 is pretty good, Resident Evil 5 is great, and Splinter Cell: Conviction is really good.

Both the assasins creeds are easy... 970 gamerscore with 2 btw. really less gameplay there i think

dont like DMC and RE5, played SC:C i beated it in a day

ill sure try FF13 thx!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
westarrr said:
AaronUzumaki said:

Both the assasins creeds are easy... 970 gamerscore with 2 btw. really less gameplay there i think

dont like DMC and RE5, played SC:C i beated it in a day

ill sure try FF13 thx!

If you play games for Gamerscore than you're not really a gamer. Assassin's Creed is still fun. It's worth borrowing from a friend or renting, odds are you won't be revisiting it a lot after you complete the main story, unless you want the DLC. Brotherhood, provided the multiplayer is good, should be worth the purchase though. I haven't played the first but the second is quite good.

I have Resident Evil 5 and it's worth it if you have someone to play with. As a single player game it's downright awful though. Co-op works well though. *Review*

Well, here's some of my personal suggestions:

- The Orange Box: 5 games for a low price, and all are great. Half Life 2 and its episodes are lengthy as all hell, Portal is short but tons of fun, and you can always play TF2 for some multiplayer. *Review*
- Shadow Complex: A nice little XBLA title that's a hell of a lot of Metroidvania gameplay. Tons of fun. Took me about ten hours to get 100% completion. But there's definitely reason for a few playthroughs. *Review*
- Perfect Dark XBLA: Probably my favorite shooter game ever made and personally a much better game than Goldeneye. It's one of the few remakes that blows the original out of the water. Better graphics, better framerate, online functionality for just about everything, and all the modes, options, cheats, whatever are intact. It's only $10 too but it'll feel like it's worth $50. *Review*
- Chime: It's on sale for 240 MS Points this week. It's a small game and it's not packed with content, but the money goes to charity and it's a worthy puzzler worth the cash regardless. Great soundtrack too.
- Mass Effect 1 and 2: Mass Effect 1 sucks balls compared to 2, but you definitely need to play 1 before 2, just so you can carry over your character and their decisions from the first game, as well as get a better grip on the storyline. *Mass Effect 1 Review*
- Left 4 Dead 1 and 2: Probably the games that frequent my disc drive the most, they're my multiplayer outings. The first game is still worth the purchase alongside the second game though, while the second one is definitely more expansive it also has a lot of different mechanics and level designs. The second one though is highly active (it always frequent's Major Nelson's Top 20 most active Live titles) and is always a lot of fun. Get the Passing DLC too for a great additional campaign and Mutation. *Left 4 Dead 1 Review* *Left 4 Dead 2 + The Passing Review*

westarrr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
What about toy story 3??
Its got a create alike system too, how about it?

And Naughty bear, seems awesome, how does the singleplayer go?
Is the multiplayer much played or is it dead already?

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't play FFXIII, that's all I can really say. They removed everything that made the older FF games fun and replaced it with flashy FMVs. Maybe give it a rental if you're easily amused by fancy graphics (even though the 360 version looks like a pile of ass compared to the PS3 version).

westarrr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hachibei said:
Don't play FFXIII, that's all I can really say. They removed everything that made the older FF games fun and replaced it with flashy FMVs. Maybe give it a rental if you're easily amused by fancy graphics (even though the 360 version looks like a pile of ass compared to the PS3 version).

I dont care about graphics... what about the story then?

What about Banjo&Kazooie N&B, because its got a create and share thingy..

??

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
westarrr said:
What about toy story 3??
Its got a create alike system too, how about it?

And Naughty bear, seems awesome, how does the singleplayer go?
Is the multiplayer much played or is it dead already?

Toy Story 3 got good reviews, I haven't tried it personally.

Naughty Bear is getting horrific reviews. Glitchy, buggy, terrible framerate and graphics, on top of boring, repetitive gameplay, if you want a summary of reviews.

Really though, if you want info on a game, just go check out Metacritic.com or something. They give aggregate (aka the average score of all major review outlets) scores, which is probably the most helpful thing to look at when looking for a good game.

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
westarrr said:
Hachibei said:

I dont care about graphics... what about the story then?

Didn't like it. Story was typical "group of adventurers gains special powers they have to use to save the world with". It's made silly because the way they gained their powers is regarded as being cursed in the game's universe; so essentially you have a bunch of people who are pissed because they can shoot bolts of lighting and fireballs and is tasked with destroying some big bad monster thing. I dunno; I didn't get very far in the game because the gameplay was so insanely tedious. All you do is walk through a long hallway while monsters attack you, and maybe every once in a while you get to push a switch to open a door so you can continue walking down the hallway.

westarrr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, that sounds poor...
Nvm then..

Things to buy:
Trials HD
New mortal kombat(forgot the name)(what is the name btw?)
PSP phat (prolly CFW)
ipod touch

Ok thats bad, this'll take for ages till i finish this, as new items get added every month

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.