Hacking Xbox 360 NXE or Pre-NXE dashboard source code?

Awedaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I'm new to this site, and don't know how the Xbox community here is made up of, but whatever. I'm looking for the source code for either the NXE or Pre-NXE Dashboard source code if anyone has it, because my family doesn't really consist of PC gamers, they're all used to console, especially the NXE/Pre-NXE era where they were younger, so I was thinking to maybe give them a PC with a modified x86-64 version of the NXE or Pre-NXE dashboard, with my own servers if they want to download games. I WILL buy the games and then put it on the server for our own personal use, I do not condone piracy. So if anyone here has the source code, please comment the link to the download. Thank you guys!

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try reconstructing the dash/kernel files you get for Xebuild and Jrunner. They’ve just modified the hypervisor. Idk if it’s possible but if so, grab a 6717 or whatever kernel and try?

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know there was an xex on the internet that let you load dash 1888 on a jtag xbox or devkit. its been a few years tho. completely unrelated maybe but maybe the info can be of help

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1888 is even before xebuild/jrunner. it's been years, so I've forgotten the name for that low of a dash. I'm not referring to pre nxe but rather the hacked dash kernel name. I think it's xbr.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, FSD 1.0 or the 1 series uses pre-nxe as its dashboard. I remember using it. there are no frills to it either, so it's pretty much just as you need it. of course, it's not true pre-nxe since it's for a hacked dash, but it looks the same. FSD2 and 3 uses nxe, and you can use metro with a theme. some themes are pretty nice, but I've kept mine on nxe almost the whole time. if the the theme and FSD version do not match, you'll end up with missing portions to the dashboard. lol I did experience that with one theme. anyway, when the FSD team disbanded, they released their source code. I think that's what gave rise to aurora.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Other than the SDKs for the original xbox, and while it would probably be Epic then that leaked demo of Gears of War 3 was it had some nice tools, MS tends to keep a pretty tight leash on such things.
To that end either get a modded xbox and figure out if there is a hacked version to run on it, make do with videos of it, hope you find one in a cupboard somewhere that has not gone RRoD, or load up something with themes like it. It was still XBMC at the time (nowadays Kodi) but I had a pretty nice rendition of the blades dashboard on it, with sound effects. Timings were not quite right if you spent as long as I did playing with it but close enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)