...Wut?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Inunah, Jan 1, 2010.

Jan 1, 2010

...Wut? by Inunah at 2:22 AM (734 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Inunah
    OP

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    With Dsision2 & YSmenu, my GB/GBC and NES emulators only show a black screen... But if I boot YSMenu.nds they work fine. Why?

2. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    I haven't use DSision for a while so don't know if the developer has fixed the problem (looking @ his site it doesn't seemed to of been updated for a while), but the last time i tried using this combo & was getting 'black screens' - I found out that it was a problem using SDHC memory cards (greater than 2GB)

Are you using a SDHC card by any chance ?? - can you try it using a standard MicroSD card (2Gb or less) and do you get the same problem ??
    If your emulators work OK on the smaller card then I guess the SDHC problem still exists

3. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Inunah - Thank you for wasting time with such a useless topic title!!! "...Wut?"

4. Inunah
    OP

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    XWolf, I typed that on the Wii, I didn't want to fool with anything too long.... :\

CannonFoddr, I'm using a 2GB Micro SD, as my R4 cannot support SDHC. The same sort of problems also happen when I try to load any homebrew game, but instead of a black screen it either can't do what it's supposed to or gives me an error. I have to select YSMenu.nds before I can load anything that isn't an official Nintendo DS game. This problem will probably persist when I get my EZ Flash 3in1, because when I go into the folder I keep all of my NES, GB, and GBC games without loading YSMenu.nds first, I cannot see anything that is .nes, .gb, or .gbc even though they give me the GBA Exploader as their NDS icon and are visible at all times if I load YSMenu.nds to go and load the emulators.