Homebrew WUP INSTALLER not installing.

Mexican_Madman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been trying to install Xenoblade Chronicles X onto my wii u. I've sucessfully gone to the homebrew menu, ran mocha and tried to run wup installer ymod 1.3, wup installer gx2 version 1.0 (Rev 15) and wup installer version 1.1 (Rev 19) and they all used to give me the error that it wasn't a game, dlc, or update. But then I used the Wii U USB Helper transfer tool, and then now when I tried to run all 3 of the WUP INSTALLERS now it says error 0xFFFBF43F :missing or bad title.tik (note i've ran mocha all 3 times). I have then tried replacing the TIK from different sources and the files all have the same hash and size and they still don't work. I know my wii u can install games this way because I've installed BOTW successfully a month ago and my wii u and my sd card both have enough space for the 20 GB game. I'm just frustrated and confused with my wii u right now so I would really appreciate it if any of you would help me. I know I probably haven't put enough info in for some help so if you don't know something, just ask, I'll be happy to answer.

AnonDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I am having the same issue and no luck finding any solution. I downloaded Xenoblade C. X from Usb Helper, copied to a 32 Gb micro SD w/ adapter (formatted to 32K cluster or whatever, that I've seen it's recommended), and went to install using WUP, and got: Error: install error code: 0xFFFBF43F Possible missing or bad title.tik file (which I checked and seems to be fine; also, doesn't Usb Helper do the check as well?)

I also checked that the title file does match with the title in the database... so... don't think it is a file problem. Probably an SD card problem? I somewhere once read Wii U hates some cards and loves other cards; for example, I think I read they recommended using Sandisk Ultra cards, but I hope someone can say something about it as well.

Anyway... Have you been able to do something so far until now?

Last edited by AnonDragon,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could be an sd card issue. you'd have to test another card to know for sure. I"m using a 256GB PNY sd card in mine. I've had a lot of great experiences with PNY.

AnonDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
could be an sd card issue. you'd have to test another card to know for sure. I"m using a 256GB PNY sd card in mine. I've had a lot of great experiences with PNY.

I managed to solve it. Indeed, it was a problem of the SD card. Used a 32GB SanDisk Ultra card and everything went perfectly. Thank you.

currentbeatz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I managed to solve it. Indeed, it was a problem of the SD card. Used a 32GB SanDisk Ultra card and everything went perfectly. Thank you.
i got problem installing this games im using the final ver, of wud installer and games came from usb helper im trying to download different region btw my wii u is 5.5.3J using CBCH , i have USA games on my wii like BOTW,bayonetta 2 , etc to many to mention but this game on my list seems giving me error example the games was like 12gb when the install is almost done like 2gb away to finish the wii u will shut down. and this is the game that was giving me hard time so i manage to reinstall 1 of the games on my wii u (the one working perfectly ) watch dog. this is like 16gb and i tried to reinstall it same sd card and it installed with no problem how did you solve im been wake up for 2 days now cause im doinbg try and error situation.

error while installing :

donkey kong country JPN
TOAD JPN
resident evil USA
resident evil JPN
tekken JPN
bayoneta USA
smash brawl JPN
smash brwal USA

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

help.,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu