Hacking Homebrew wup installer gx2 with usb

mazz0ni_exe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone, i have all my hombrew files on a 16gb sd card which i also use to install games but some weighed more than that. I was wondering if it was possible to insert the files to be installed on a separate USB stick with the folder called "install" inside

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you mean a larger usb stick, then yes. just make sure you have sig patches enabled and have a way to access wup installer. I'd just leave wiiu/apps entirely to prevent any mistakes, then just have install, and you should be good.

mazz0ni_exe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if you mean a larger usb stick, then yes. just make sure you have sig patches enabled and have a way to access wup installer. I'd just leave wiiu/apps entirely to prevent any mistakes, then just have install, and you should be good.
what is sig patches?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
signature patches. you'll get an error about sig patches if they're not present. if you're using tiramisu, they're in wiiu/apps. that's why I suggested just to copy that folder over as well as install. it also contains wup installer, so it will prevent any problems.

mazz0ni_exe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
signature patches. you'll get an error about sig patches if they're not present. if you're using tiramisu, they're in wiiu/apps. that's why I suggested just to copy that folder over as well as install. it also contains wup installer, so it will prevent any problems.
so i have to transfer my wiiu folder to the usb stick?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, no, both install and wiiu are on the sd card. you mean usb stick? ah, you can transfer them to a new one, and swap, yes. however, the sorting will get reset for each when you unplug one and plug the other in. also, the wiiu doesn't like usb sticks, so it's possible it will work at first, then start giving you black screens. I suggest an hdd.

mazz0ni_exe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a hardisk on which I install the games and I have an SD card on which I have all the hombrew launcher apps. I wanted to insert the "install" folder on a separate usb stick with the game to be installed inside

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/2VSGYf0.mp4 +1