tsin74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi,

i was wondering if i could remove contents of folder holding the wii u backup game from sd card from the install folder once i have installed game to usb. (wii u has been homebrewed and has haxchi and cbhc installed).

is it ok to uninstall or delete game from wii u. the reason being is i am looking to buy a bigger external hard drive in the future to install more games onto it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you mean the cbhc, afaik, the only way to get rid of it is a format. it now won't allow accidents such as moving or deleting the game. don't do that or you'll brick. uninstall first.

btw, you can transfer over all content to the other hdd. the wii u has 4 usb ports, so both can be connected via a y cable. this is the only official thing you can do with two hdds plugged in.

tsin74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if you mean the cbhc, afaik, the only way to get rid of it is a format. it now won't allow accidents such as moving or deleting the game. don't do that or you'll brick. uninstall first.

btw, you can transfer over all content to the other hdd. the wii u has 4 usb ports, so both can be connected via a y cable. this is the only official thing you can do with two hdds plugged in.

so i can place in a second usb or external hd and format it the compy the files across to the bigger hard drive then use that without an issue?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so i can place in a second usb or external hd and format it then copy the files across to the bigger hard drive then use that without an issue?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, you should be able to transfer over the games. the cbhc game should be on the internal flash, so it won't be affected.

tsin74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yes, you should be able to transfer over the games. the cbhc game should be on the internal flash, so it won't be affected.

does that mean that the game file on the internal memory is small? i was wanting to install the backup onto the external hard drive.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since it's a ds game, yeah, it should be pretty small. are you wanting to play the game? I think you can with the copy command, but I don't know if it works with cbhc. you may have to uninstall the game first, copy, then reinstall. I'm assuming it will work this way though as I've never tried it. all I know is that I copied my cbhc game, and it works correctly, despite not changing the icon or text. I think copying the game will allow you to play it even if it's a cbhc game, but I'm not entirely sure. I don't really know why nintendo added a copy function. I mean who needs two of the same game wasting space?

tsin74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
since it's a ds game, yeah, it should be pretty small. are you wanting to play the game? I think you can with the copy command, but I don't know if it works with cbhc. you may have to uninstall the game first, copy, then reinstall. I'm assuming it will work this way though as I've never tried it. all I know is that I copied my cbhc game, and it works correctly, despite not changing the icon or text. I think copying the game will allow you to play it even if it's a cbhc game, but I'm not entirely sure. I don't really know why nintendo added a copy function. I mean who needs two of the same game wasting space?

so if i understand correctly..

i can install the game to "usb" using wup installer gx and it will install it onto the external hard disk or flash drive ( has to be formatted first)

i can format a larger hard drive and have the files transferred over to it then use the new external hard drive with all the games on it. ( this can be done through settings in the wii u menu)

i can unsinstall games that has been loaded through wup installer gx through settings in wii u menu but NEVER TOUCH OR UNINSTALL CBHC

the only one i'm not sure about is can i delete the game which i transferred to the sd card after i have installed it to the usb.

have i got this right?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, don't format. I don't think you can move or delete it anymore. you're only copying between two hdds. the cbhc won't be on the hdd, so you don't have to worry about that.

tsin74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
so if i understand correctly..

i can install the game to "usb" using wup installer gx and it will install it onto the external hard disk or flash drive ( has to be formatted first)

i can format a larger hard drive and have the files transferred over to it then use the new external hard drive with all the games on it. ( this can be done through settings in the wii u menu)

i can unsinstall games that has been loaded through wup installer gx through settings in wii u menu but NEVER TOUCH OR UNINSTALL CBHC

the only one i'm not sure about is can i delete the game which i transferred to the sd card after i have installed it to the usb.

have i got this right?

can someone please clarify as i am still unsure

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Lol