Would this even be possible?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by netsliderx, Nov 10, 2008.

Nov 10, 2008

Would this even be possible? by netsliderx at 8:41 PM (1,138 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. netsliderx
    OP

Member netsliderx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There is some truly amazing talent here no doubt about it. I cannot help but wonder if anyone here is capable of porting or enabling somehow teamspeak for Wii..? Have it run in the background if at all possible... you'll be able to enter tiimspiik, select the game you wish to play to join that channel, view everyone currently online as well as their friend codes... send them a message to add your friend code... talk while playing...

I know that someone is able to do this!!

2. 20clarky08

Member 20clarky08 Official Wii Freak

United Kingdom
    if they wear able to fully design and implement a system like that mate i dont thing they would be doing that shit for free lol

sounds abit like Xkai to me only with Voice abilities, interesting concept though, am sure xkai is gonna come to Wii soon enough, atleast i hope.

3. CJLopez

Newcomer CJLopez Advanced Member

Mexico
    It can be done as a stand alone application, but to be steady on the background while you play? I don't think it'll be possible, as the Wii is not a multitasking CPU.

This is only my 2 cents, and based on what I know of the Wii, but let see what more aknowledged people say

4. night_chrono

Member night_chrono GBAtemp Regular

United States

FACEPALM

5. darktehnub

Newcomer darktehnub Advanced Member

United States
    I doubt you can talk while playing. You can host ventrilo on your own computer, it's probably another solution to "talk while playing"

6. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    This would be a great aplication, but do you realise the effort that this represent, since there is no microfone built-in on the Wii and the only ones working so far (that's what I read somewhere) is the one on RockBand and the one on Boogie??? I really love to see this, but I would give at least 1 year to have a proper TiimSpiik

7. netsliderx
    OP

United States
    WiiSpeak will be out next week for Animal Crossing... I've been imagining of someone hacking it not only to work with a wireless headset (wiispeak dongle sucks) but also to work with other games...

The groundwork has already been laid out really and will release soon!

Surely this can be done?!?! I personally believe that I would kill for this. Well, not kill but I want it pretty bad.

8. netsliderx
    OP

United States

Why not? They do everything else on the scene for free and prestige alone. Really, why not?

I'm sure it could be done but I also know I am not the man for this job.

God I wish I were. I'd do it for free just so I myself could play it!

9. charlieawesome

Newcomer charlieawesome Member

Australia
    Someone's been living in a hole the past couple of months