Hacking Would soft mods for Nintendo switch lite ever be possible?

Monster223

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just wondering since I had a switch lite, but didn’t want to risk damaging it with a botched mod chip install.

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
everything is possible but whether its going to happen or not no one knows and if it theres going to be one its defenetly not going to be any time soon

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Switch Lite and the new switch model (HAC-001-01) are unlikely to ever support CFW. Units that are on firmware 8.0.1 or lower will have the ability to run homebrew in the long run. 8.1.0 and above are screwed, probably forever. The early european Switch Lite units came with 8.0.1.

Last edited by smf,

Ann0ying

Trophies
XP
Country
SciresM said no, so most likely - no. He reimplemented most of the HOS systems and there's no vulns.
Grab a chip while they're still avaliable and pay someone to install it for you.

Last edited by Ann0ying,
Reactions: BigOnYa

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reiterating from another thread:

Nobody is working on finding exploits for the Switch -- it's mostly pointless since the secure monitor definitely has no security vulnerabilities and the kernel almost certainly has none either at this point.

I expect we'll hit end of life without another softmod.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll probably be possible in the future. They said the same thing about the ps3 slims / super slim systems and look what happened to those
But by the time someone like that is released, we will probably already have the next system in our hands. Practically, we won't see another exploit let alone a softmod before end of life.

D

Deleted User

I wonder how long we are before end of life. It's been 4 years, I'm sure at least 2-3 more years but after they release BOTW 2 and Metroid Prime 4 I could see them switching focus to Switch 2 or whatever the next Nintendo console will be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...