1. Monster223

OP Monster223 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I was just wondering since I had a switch lite, but didn’t want to risk damaging it with a botched mod chip install.

2. LyuboA

LyuboA Unknown Entity

Bulgaria
    everything is possible but whether its going to happen or not no one knows and if it theres going to be one its defenetly not going to be any time soon

3. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    The Switch Lite and the new switch model (HAC-001-01) are unlikely to ever support CFW. Units that are on firmware 8.0.1 or lower will have the ability to run homebrew in the long run. 8.1.0 and above are screwed, probably forever. The early european Switch Lite units came with 8.0.1.

Last edited by smf, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Ann0ying

Ann0ying GBAtemp Regular

SciresM said no, so most likely - no. He reimplemented most of the HOS systems and there's no vulns.
    Grab a chip while they're still avaliable and pay someone to install it for you.

Last edited by Ann0ying, Jan 28, 2021
    BigOnYa likes this.
  5. CloudStrife190100

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    It'll probably be possible in the future. They said the same thing about the ps3 slims / super slim systems and look what happened to those

6. SciresM

SciresM Developer
    Developer

United States
    Reiterating from another thread:

Nobody is working on finding exploits for the Switch -- it's mostly pointless since the secure monitor definitely has no security vulnerabilities and the kernel almost certainly has none either at this point.

I expect we'll hit end of life without another softmod.

7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    But by the time someone like that is released, we will probably already have the next system in our hands. Practically, we won't see another exploit let alone a softmod before end of life.

8. JustJay

JustJay GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I wonder how long we are before end of life. It's been 4 years, I'm sure at least 2-3 more years but after they release BOTW 2 and Metroid Prime 4 I could see them switching focus to Switch 2 or whatever the next Nintendo console will be.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, possible, switch