Hacking Worth getting the SX PRO?

Lallo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As title says, is it worth it? Or is it easy to just run the payload from a phone?
I guess in the end, the cost ends up almost the same ? Cause where I live I can think that a micro-usb to usb-c cable costs about 6 dollars so maybe I'll save 10-15 dollars the most.
It's more that it seems that the OS is delivered far faster than the SX Pro, which I'll probably have to wait until mid july to get. (Live in europe btw).

Any advice regarding this?

Indominusda1e

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just got the os and use my S9 to send the payload via nxloader and its up and running within 30 secs so save yourself some money I'd say

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
personally atm I'm using layeredFS backup loading and am going to order sx pro for the dongle. So all I really want is a quick way to load payloads and I don't really think I'll be using sx os when ReiNX or atmosphere is near release.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As title says, is it worth it? Or is it easy to just run the payload from a phone?
I guess in the end, the cost ends up almost the same ? Cause where I live I can think that a micro-usb to usb-c cable costs about 6 dollars so maybe I'll save 10-15 dollars the most.
It's more that it seems that the OS is delivered far faster than the SX Pro, which I'll probably have to wait until mid july to get. (Live in europe btw).

Any advice regarding this?
not everyone has a compatible phone,dood.

fotuwe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is just for the convenience. I have no problem with loading the payload through my mac.
I like to make it simple for my GF in case the switch powers off / restarts. Thats why a SX Pro is on its way (so I have a SX OS in spare - maybe for another switch)

Reactions: Zytos

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People who say the pro is useless are wrong. The little dongle is much better than having to carry an OTG cable around to use with your phone. Basically plug it in, power up the switch in auto RCM and your in. The pro version is really worth it

Wrathcaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment it just makes life easier with the sx pro. You have auto rcm so u don't need to use the jig all the time, a small dongle that you take with u, and an already finished cfw that lets you play backups and homebrew. Plus the cfw is getting sweet updates fast from xecuter.

Reactions: Zytos

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
ReiNX might have a backup loader

If you would have asked me last week I would have said sure but now I'd probably wait

Everything else that SX OS offers can be gotten for free off this website

Lallo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just got the os and use my S9 to send the payload via nxloader and its up and running within 30 secs so save yourself some money I'd say

So when I install the autoRCM I just need to connect the phone every time I start not the jig?
Is it risky to make a jig with a gem? do I risk bricking my switch?

Also, I heard something that if you install autoRCM you can't charge the switch if it's turned off?

So when I install the autoRCM I just need to connect the phone every time I start not the jig?

Also, I heard something that if you install autoRCM you can't charge the switch if it's turned off?

I have a Galaxy S7 so I guess it's able to deliver the payload?

Indominusda1e

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I have a Galaxy S7 so I guess it's able to deliver the payload?
I haven't got autorcm installed you don't need it and the s7 will be fine just get an adapter mini usb to usb C I'm lucky as the S9 is also usb c

Vic_Vinegar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Go for the Pro. The payload loader removes a lot of the hassle (wires, android/pc/mac device) and the jig in the pro is the amazing

Bocchuoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
personally atm I'm using layeredFS backup loading and am going to order sx pro for the dongle. So all I really want is a quick way to load payloads and I don't really think I'll be using sx os when ReiNX or atmosphere is near release.

not everyone has a compatible phone,dood.
Yeah, my iphone sucks dick.

Reactions: jimmyj

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As of this moment of posting as there is no other better solution for backup loading, SX Pro offers convenience. It has the OTG payload, RCM jig, and the license. If on the other hand, you've already got the necessary stuff to access RCM (jig, paperclip, aluminum foil, soldering, etc.) and payload (android, pc, any device capable of sending the payload), then SX OS is enough.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
SXPro is 100% worth it, this was main reason for buying it, not the backs up particularly but you can take your dongle anywhere at “anytime” but the smart part is you can put all your payloads on your sd card and boot those on the go as well and at this time it’s the only official way of this method apart from dodgy android loading, NO that’s nasty!

Auto rcm, dongle, loading all payloads homebrew all on the go can’t get any better than that at the moment!

and please don’t link me up to that Fred Carno diy dongle thread for 6 dollars, no that’s just poor embarrassing yourself..

Last edited by Reecey,

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SXPro is 100% worth it, this was main reason for buying it, not the backs up particularly but you can take your dongle anywhere at “anytime” but the smart part is you can put all your payloads on your sd card and boot those on the go as well and at this time it’s the only official way of this method apart from dodgy android loading, NO that’s nasty!

Auto rcm, dongle, loading all payloads homebrew all on the go can’t get any better than that at the moment!

and please don’t link me up to that Fred Carno diy dongle thread for 6 dollars, no that’s just poor embarrassing yourself..
How is Android loading dodgy? I plug a double ended USB C cable into my phone, put my Switch in RCM, and the instant I plug it into my Switch it boots SX OS.

moopas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think at THIS moment, the worth is unclear. Definitely definitely worth it if you were an early purchaser. The OS is being worked on to be cracked, and atmosphere is making its way to being finished, so both will be available "soon"ish, but how soon, no one knows. So, thte be short, the earlier you get it, the more worth it will have, but there is always the chance (even if unlikely) that a free solution will be available tomorrow/next week/etc. So the worth is up to you depending on those factors and how much money you want to spend. I personally can't be ANY happier with my purchase of the SX Pro, and have gotten much usage out of it, plus I needed a jig, AND the dongle is amazing, super portable, and very reliable thus far. I'm not trying to sell you on it, you may not need that stuff, but I did.

TLDR; Worth more the earlier you buy, pro comes with RCM stuff and dongle, adds to worth IF you need them... BUT, free options are coming, so depends what your time is worth to you and your wallet (personal opinion - I LOVE it so far)

Lallo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think at THIS moment, the worth is unclear. Definitely definitely worth it if you were an early purchaser. The OS is being worked on to be cracked, and atmosphere is making its way to being finished, so both will be available "soon"ish, but how soon, no one knows. So, thte be short, the earlier you get it, the more worth it will have, but there is always the chance (even if unlikely) that a free solution will be available tomorrow/next week/etc. So the worth is up to you depending on those factors and how much money you want to spend. I personally can't be ANY happier with my purchase of the SX Pro, and have gotten much usage out of it, plus I needed a jig, AND the dongle is amazing, super portable, and very reliable thus far. I'm not trying to sell you on it, you may not need that stuff, but I did.

TLDR; Worth more the earlier you buy, pro comes with RCM stuff and dongle, adds to worth IF you need them... BUT, free options are coming, so depends what your time is worth to you and your wallet (personal opinion - I LOVE it so far)

Tbh I think the updates will be better from teamm xecuter than freeware that single coders work on... I'm probably getting the SX PRO

Indominusda1e

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tbh I think the updates will be better from teamm xecuter than freeware that single coders work on... I'm probably getting the SX PRO
Get the os use your phone if you find you need the dongle there's rumors of a dongle only coming at a later date

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries