Worth buying Snake Pass (No switch)

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by julienbdes, Jun 28, 2017.

1. julienbdes
    OP

julienbdes GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2015
    Canada
    Is it worth to buy slowly some indie games like Snake Pass when they are on sales through the Nintendo Shop? I do consider later to get a switch and the price of Snake Pass is interesting...

Opinions?

2. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    no. I bought snake pass and its so boring.

whateverg1012 and julienbdes like this.
  3. tatumanu

tatumanu GBAtemp Fan

Nov 1, 2004
    Portugal
    i bought the Zelda DLC today and saw that 40% off on Snake Pass and was wondering the same thing.

I ended not getting it because there is so much great stuff coming out in general until December and i already spent a bunch on money just on the console and 3 games.

The game seems OK i liked what i saw, but after spending so much money on Indie 3DS stuff that i barely touch over the years I will wait, save for better games like Mario Odyssey.

If 10 bucks is not a big deal for you and your bored with the other games you own go ahead.

I'm more on the look out for physical releases on sale.

julienbdes likes this.
  4. julienbdes
    OP

Sep 3, 2015
    Canada
    Thanks for the advice. Will delete the thread tomorow. If it can help someone!

5. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    You can't delete it. Besides, why do you want to? :) There's noting wrong with this thread.

6. luk_pop

luk_pop Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2017
    Poland
    Warszawa
    I think is a cool game for 10$ :)

7. julienbdes
    OP

Sep 3, 2015
    Canada
    Well sometimes we got a bunch of topic useless like mine so haha. If its pertinent, alright. Still not sure about buying it. But, i think for that price its a no brainer future proof.

SomeGamer likes this.
  8. Scarlet

Scarlet Scarlet Sword

GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    I quite enjoyed Snake Pass, but I understand it's not a game for everybody. To summerise it as best I can, it's a charming albeit somewhat slow game with controls that take some getting used to. The music is delightful and the level designs are challenging enough for those wanting to collect everything, yet simple enough to the point you could easily make it through the level if you just want to experience the game.

The real issue is you can't really know it's for you without playing it in my opinion, since the controls can be a real deal breaker for most. Hope this helps somewhat.

julienbdes and Thirty3Three like this.
  9. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    The more I read about this, the more I realise when they try to improve they make it worse. :P

I'd honestly buy this but only if it had a physical format release otherwise I'm just gonna skip it. I'm just no fan of digital format, tbh.

10. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    You're such a kind soul. I seriously love it!!

julienbdes likes this.
  11. isoboy

isoboy GBAtemp Fan

Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    Played it for fifteen minutes on pc on my 2k monitor and loved the controls and how it looked. Decided to buy it on switch to bring it with me on vacation today. The game looks fine but worse than on pc. Yeah yeah, naturally but it's not native res on the switch screen. It's very low and you definitely notice it. And going from 144 to 30hz sucks. So that's what you get. Still, it's portable and that's why I bought it.