Worth buying a 2nd wii u?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Squeaky688, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Squeaky688
    OP

Squeaky688 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2016
    United States
  2. Bozog

Bozog Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    Yes buy it straight away, because I can guarantee as soon as you do Hykem will release his exploit! :)

3. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    Double is always twice as nice.

4. Dvdxploitr

Dvdxploitr GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    United States
    Depends on why you want the second...you gonna keep one stock and the other modded? If so, then yes, go for it. I'll be doing the same thing when they get a mod for the PS4....i'll have one stock and one modded. Once Hykem releases his exploit, the prices of the "exploitable" Wii U's will go up on the second hand market. Like with PS3s, since you can't install CFW on anything higher than 3.55 (without a hardware downgrader), the cost of exploitable PS3s are costing almost as much as brand new PS3s.

5. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    If you can afford it, why not? Especially if you love playing online games like Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, etc. The other one for homebrew and/or piracy.

6. sendblink23

sendblink23 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2009
    I would get it if it were me, but I don't know that store/website to say if its reliable unless you've previously bought from them :P

7. bawzy

bawzy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    I'm actually in the reverse position, been trying to debate what I should do. What do you guys think?

I've had two WiiU's for about a year now, one 5.5.0 I was playing Mario Maker on, and one 5.3.2 I was holding for hykems release.

But now I'm finding I really need the money, so I want to sell one. I've been reading that hykems release will work with 5.5.1, but I'm not sure if that means it's ok to sell the 5.3.2 one, or if that's actually the keeper and to sell the other.

Essentially, I want to play Mario Maker again (with potential EmuNAND or some other method), but more desire Homebrew (like emulators, loadiine etc).

8. CloudLionHeart

CloudLionHeart GBAtemp Regular

Aug 19, 2013
    Greece
    Lol just buy it and when the exploit come out sell it or gift it :)