Working SNES Emulator

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Artrigis, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Artrigis
    OP

Artrigis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2010
    United States
    Hey all, first of all I did see the sticky and have been using euphoria for awhile. Ive mainly played lost vikings, a game with no saving capabilities. Now Ive been trying to play final fantasy 3 and the game boots up and plays fine.. but it never remembers my saves. I check via usb and I do infact see saves there, but they cant be accessed. Or in some cases the very first save I make in a game will work, however every save after that is unable to be read.

I am wondering if I did something wrong?
    This is how I installed the emulator:
    Download this version http://filetrip.net/psp-downloads/homebrew/download-snes9x-euphoria-r5-beta-3-f27347.html via the sticky.
    Copy the euphoria folder with all its subfolders into the psp/game folder. I then put my roms into the ROMS folder.

Like I said the games load up and play perfectly, but I cant get them to keep a save.

Any advice?

2. macmanhigh

macmanhigh THC = Truly High Caliber

Banned
    Mar 29, 2012
    United States
    BuddsVille,CA
    If u noticed maybe u gotta choose which Save slot u wanna use........State save i believe

Every Game u wanna save u gotta go to Menu....choose Save Slot 1-10 or so and Save.......it will show a little preview pic

After go to Game....Go to Menu and choose Save Slot and Load

:yaypsp:

3. Artrigis
    OP

Artrigis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2010
    United States
  4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Euphoria has some issues, I recommend the Tyl_mecm or whatever branch in the stickies, that saves states fine.

5. Artrigis
    OP

Artrigis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2010
    United States
    Hrm, actually.. I found something out.

There is an exact method you need to follow to exit euphoria, if you don't follow it your saves are deleted.

Save in your game like usual, playstation logo button and select load new rom, to the list of all your roms.
    And from there playstation logo button again and exit euphoria.

This way I was able to keep my saves.

Also I found something else out if anyone by chance was wondering this too. If a game isn't working very well, example chrono trigger wasnt displaying all the graphics. You can load up the game by pressing square instead of circle and it then looks perfect.

Thanks for the advice though guys.

6. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Which button you use determines if it loads that game's specific settings or the default settings.