Hacking Working Pokemon Diamond Pokesav save

axlefoley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I need to know how to make one or I need one that is at the beginning but with all items

by the way I use a DS Firelink

axlefoley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I see that sounds so wonderful that I all ready have both the small font version and the big font version. I have tried using pokesav before hence why I wanted to know how to create a working one because none of the saves that I create work if you'd bother to read my post and indeed the thread title

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wanted to know how to create a working one because none of the saves that I create work if you'd bother to read my post and indeed the thread title

Are you aware of the problem of lastsave data overwriting newly added .sav file if you're not careful, as I explained in your GBA roms thread?

Do you understand how to avoid it?

At what point in the game are you trying to edit your .sav. Editing stuff too early in the game can cause errors, I strongly suggest waiting until after Dawn (or the guy if you're playing a girl), gives you 5 pokeballs and gives you a tutorial on catching pokemon.

I had no trouble using pokesav with the USA release of both pearl and diamond, on a dslinker, also an n-card clone.

For reference sake I did it like this:

On DS.
Play pokemon pearl
save the game AFTER I got the pokeballs, had healed my starter pokemon and visited the storage computer at least once.
RESET DS
Play something OTHER than pokemon (this backs up and removes the pokemon save data from lastsav.sdb)
Off DS.
On DS - into USB mode.
Copy the pokemon sav file from DS to computer.
Start pokesav and locate the sav just copied to computer.
Edit away (don't overdo it) - see the pokesav threads on the rom hacking forum for more on it.
Save the edited sav (Its been a while but I recall the 256 size was fine since this is the default save backup size for all n-card clones)
Copy the edited sav to the DS. It should prompt to overwrite. Let it.
Fire up the DS and play the game, now with edits.

It worked for me...

axlefoley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wanted to know how to create a working one because none of the saves that I create work if you'd bother to read my post and indeed the thread title

Are you aware of the problem of lastsave data overwriting newly added .sav file if you're not careful, as I explained in your GBA roms thread?

Do you understand how to avoid it?

At what point in the game are you trying to edit your .sav. Editing stuff too early in the game can cause errors, I strongly suggest waiting until after Dawn (or the guy if you're playing a girl), gives you 5 pokeballs and gives you a tutorial on catching pokemon.

I had no trouble using pokesav with the USA release of both pearl and diamond, on a dslinker, also an n-card clone.

Thank you Porkdish yes I am aware of how to avoid the lastsave thing. Also thank you I wasn't aware that I shouldn't edit to early. but also can the sav be used directly from Pokesav or do you have to do any converting

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
See edited post above.

I never had to convert anything since I was just using pokesav to edit a sav file made by the rom from the get go...

KTAS

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok let me get this right.

Pokesav is not working as it should so if I play another game on my Firecard before I edit it with Pokesav, it will save ok??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1