Work Experience.

floydo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi everyone. Well in a few weeks me and the rest of my class of year 10 will be setting off into the word for one week to do work experience at a job of our choice. I don't know if other countries do it, but i'm stuck for an idea. Where should i go and work for a week???? I was considering maybe a hotel or magazine but i don't know? any suggestions?

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was in the same situation a while ago and I didn't end up doing anything and it made it harder to find employment. What profession are you looking at/ what are you interested in?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For "community placement" (basically work experience in our Year 10) I worked at my old school's nursery for a week of mornings in January 2008. For work experience (Year 11) none of the places got back to me so I got to keep going to school.
smileipb2.png

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any ideas but I don't see why anyone would want to work at a hotel for free. The service industry can be hell even if you're being paid..

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
doing ti this year and working at this small company focuses on web development and programming. Fortunately my school organised WEX from s-cool, it basically lists lots of local places and helps you apply, crappy design, overuse of javascript but got the job done
smile.gif

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, Work Experience
smile.gif
It was alright for me, I was doing Sign Making (Vehicle graphics, signs, etc...) I wanted to do Graphic Design but couldn't find places so I did that instead (closest thing I could find to Graphic Design and Web Design)

floydo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well, i ended up going to the hospital and trying out a department a day, it wasn't so bad, a bit tedious at times especially in nursing but at least i was kept busy.
smile.gif

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
I went to a software company. They got back to me the Friday the week before the week we were going to spend the week doing it. Just do something related to what you want to do when you're older.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)