Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mrfaiz555 said:
Yeah, Thabk you Thank you, I'm glad R4 is back
bow.gif
It's not really "back." It is coming back, but we'll see how far this goes before it pushes the R4's limits.

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Depravo said:
Tested -
  • 7 Wonders II (E)
  • Bejeweled Twist (U)
  • Bookworm (U)
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
  • Sonic Classic Collection (U)
  • Sonic and Sega All Star Racing (E)
  • Tracy Beaker (E) (don't ask)
All working fine.
smile.gif

P.S Just a reminder to all you crazy kids - old save files have to be renamed to .nds.sav

AWESOME! R4 doesn't suck now!
biggrin.gif

Retal

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see what all the fuss is about. What does this do that I can't do already? I can already play the games I want. Granted I have to patch some of them like Pokémon, but does this really fix that? And if so, does it do so by patching the ROM on the fly or by doing a perfect emulation? Because as far as I understand it, the R4 is not capable of such an emulation.

D

Deleted User

What a great achievement! I'm tempted to dig up my DSlite and my original R4 just to test it. Since I haven't used my DSlite since I got a DSi on launch day I think I'll need to charge it first though.
tongue.gif

GutsMan.EXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Retal said:
I don't see what all the fuss is about. What does this do that I can't do already? I can already play the games I want. Granted I have to patch some of them like Pokémon, but does this really fix that? And if so, does it do so by patching the ROM on the fly or by doing a perfect emulation? Because as far as I understand it, the R4 is not capable of such an emulation.

It does indeed let you play PKMN HH&SS without the need of anything but a clean rom.

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Yup runs HeartGold unpatched perfect.
Also runs the Monnshell 2.10 Stable version too
smile.gif

Be sure to manually turn your ds after switching themes as it doesn't auto do it yet.

Hope this will be continually updated as it is definitly one of the best things to hit R4
smile.gif

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gutman5000 said:
Retal said:

It does indeed let you play PKMN HH&SS without the need of anything but a clean rom.

thers an extinfo that does that fyi

GutsMan.EXE

Trophies
XP
Country
laxman0220 said:
gutman5000 said:
Retal said:

thers an extinfo that does that fyi

I know but with this you don't even need the extinfo.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Viztard said:
sooo, ive tried changin the themes...and sometimes the top screen sort of seems off...why is that? andyone know?
OP clearly states there is currently a problem (to be fixed) with changing language and/or skin.

I haven't had the opportunity to read through this whole thread, but does anyone know yet if this firmware enables playing DSi enhanced games on the original R4DS?

GutsMan.EXE

Trophies
XP
Country
The Viztard said:
sooo, ive tried changin the themes...and sometimes the top screen sort of seems off...why is that? andyone know?

what you mean by off? Works fine for me.

QUOTE(Sandman00009 @ Apr 9 2010, 12:21 AM) this .rar is full of files do all we need it the menu.dat?

Extract what's in the root file in the .rar to the root of your SD card, so __rpg and _DS_Menu.DAT to the root of your card.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
r4logo.gif
Wood R4 v1.04
NEW Firmware
imagesCAPXD1ID.jpg

I can hardly contain my excitement for this GBATemp exclusive. Yellow Wood Goblin has just released to me his brand new firmware, Wood R4 v1.04. This firmware is a replacement for the R4 1.18 firmware and only supports the Original R4 Flash Linkers. This Firmware is not for R4 clones, use of it on clones may result in unforeseen problems. When asked why support the R4, his response was "why not?"! The code is based in part on advancements made during the last public release of Wood R.P.G., users can expect the same coding quality, the same compatibility, basic wii-connectivity, and future updates.

This is the 1st public release, and exclusive to GBATemp. There are bound to be things that do not work as they should, so please take the time to test and report your findings. Please be sure to make use of this discussion thread to post your bug reports.

GBATemp will closely follow this thread for potential party poopers. Remember this is an achievement to be embraced not a chance to voice your opinions on the R4, the history of the R4, or the people who choose to continue to use their original R4.

ReadME.txt said:
this firmware based on wood rpg firmware 1.04. so the same compatibility level and similar features except:
1. softreset doesn't work at the moment. will be fixed.
2. bypass protection option doesn't work. cart limitation.
3. if you change language or/and skin firmware doesn't restart automatically. will be fixed.
4. sources not released. because this is one day hack. then sources will put in order it will released. for free
smile.gif

thank to Normmatt for support.

download.gif
Download
discuss.png
Discuss
Must haz immediately
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCFCeJTEzNU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Surround sound receiver is a good $300
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but so nice for gaming, movies.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi is old he needs Walmart PA system
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Splitter @ $39 it says. I'll consider it. Thanks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Coupon makes it 30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/bl2WTe7L-ts?si=NWkB17yWJeU8Whso