Wood R4 v1.04

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaiJonJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone help! For the cheats do I just drag them onto the root of my SD card? sorry just started with this stuff.

D

Deleted User

LaiJonJon said:
Someone help! For the cheats do I just drag them onto the root of my SD card? sorry just started with this stuff.

Put the usrcheat file in the "_rpg\cheats\" Folder

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Another World said:
i haven't toyed with cheats all that much, are you saying they have to be set on a per-rom basis to "on" but you can set all cheats to "off" globally? that doesn't make much sense to me, i'll have to check that out. when you turn cheats on, the setting should get saved. right now there are still a lot of bugs which is why i started the bug thread. find things that don't work as they should and report it. i'll do my best to get all of the bugs fixed before "bugging" him for more features.

-another world

From my personal experience, for cheats you just have to turn it on once not on a per-rom basis, also if its turned off then its off for all games...

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
amaro said:
jwcgator said:
How do you add things to the "Favorites" menu?
I also want to know. someone has the answer?
unsure.gif

Press 'Start' over the rom, select copy, go to favorites folder, press start again, select paste.

jerbz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i still cant get over how awesome this is.
if you honestly havent switched over yet, you should, or not its your life =]
also,after using this it makes me want an acekard2i even more!

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
Tbh sometimes I just load up my DS and play around with the system while I admire the design of the Acekard on my R4
smile.gif

Beautiful stuff, it is!

bumjeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
you are confused on what you expect the firmware to do. my reply is very clear. i'll retype it this once.

the slot2 selection in root boots into nds passme mode, ONLY!

selecting any 16MB (or less) GBA game will automatically flash it to psram and then boot the game.
selecting any 17MB to 32MB GBA game will automatically flash it to nor and then boot the game.
this works the same for GBA homebrew with a proper GBA header.
using the properties settings one can manually pick psram or nor on a per-rom basis.
there is no way to force "always to nor" or "always to psram."

if any GBA game is sitting in nor you can only boot that using the nds firmware. so pop out the R4 (so it doesn't auto boot) and run the 3in1 as if it was a real gba game.

again, clicking the slot2 selection in root will only boot into nds passme mode, not gba mode. you can, never could, and probably never will, be able to boot a gba game using the slot2 selection.

once again he does not see the 3in1 as a standalone gba game pack, so the code does not work as you expect it too. when he releases the source on monday, feel free to add any thing you want under the GPL license.

i have already selected more than a few GBA games, they flash to the correct area (psram or nor) and the cart then boots and i can play them. this is working as it should. the only issue so far is the slot2 selection which boots to passme mode. i have tested a few things and they do not all work. with some i get an error that i do not have a cart in slot2, with other .ds.gba homebrew it works just fine. apparently it all has to do with the gba header. he runs a check (ucon64 --logo -chk *.ds.gba might help) to see if the homebrew has a valid header before trying to boot it into passme mode.

-another world

Can I still use GBA Exploader with Wood?

I don't understand the GBA problem. Sounds like there is a problem booting from NOR? So when I select a GBA rom which is > 16mb it will flash it to NOR and boot it. But the next time I run it, it doesn;t work?
blink.gif

Blazikun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vietkid420 said:
i just order it today!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
will it work
...possibly...
closedeyes.gif
...but the real R4 team stopped making them 4 years ago so theres a pretty small chance that the one you bought is legit...but you can try your luck.

By the way, why did you buy an R4 to try out an AceKard RPG firmware when you could have just bought an acekard?

Alfondsl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Another World,your firmware is very good and historic for R4 Users,i want to know who is the official page of the kernel

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alfondsl said:
Hello Another World,your firmware is very good and historic for R4 Users,i want to know who is the official page of the kernel
It's not Another World's, it's Yellow Wood Goblin's. And I think this is pretty much the most official page. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong though.

renton56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont wanna sound dumb or tick anyone off, but currently, we can only boot 1 game at a time using EZ flash 3-1 using NOR. im trying to play both yggdra union and Mother 3 with fan trans atm, so im guessing i can only play one at a time? or is there a way to multi save

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always wondered how the autobots could afford to do the stuff they did on the show.... now I... +1