OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a WODE for the wii but I'm wondering what should I know before I get it? Can I have is can any hard drive connect to it? Or only specific ones? Can I update my wii as usual without any loses to my wii?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Launching Gamecube games from USB devices is the main reason why people getting WODE. Thats the only thing that cant be done with softmod (yet or maybe never).

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matthew said:
Why get WODE when there are many far better and cheaper alternatives. With a SD Card, Decnt Broadband and A good sized HDD you can play backup games and homebrew.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

I guess I'll actually answer your questions instead of telling you to do something else.

JNDS02 said:
I'm getting a WODE for the wii but I'm wondering what should I know before I get it? Can I have is can any hard drive connect to it? Or only specific ones? Can I update my wii as usual without any loses to my wii?

Things to know: The WODE is fantastic, easily updated, and has little to no issues with compatibility.

Any hard drive should work just fine, but some that don't have their own power sources may require more power. This is why newer WODEs come with a double USB cable in the back. If that doesn't remedy it, a y-split USB cable should fix it. Besides that, your hard drive should work fine.

If you don't have any soft-mods, then you can update your Wii without worry.

Also, the WODE official website has forums that are very helpful and informative. Some from there are even regulars here (myself included).

QUOTE(JNDS02 @ Nov 28 2010, 01:09 AM)
Wow. so just a SD card, broadband internet and a HDD I can do what the WODE does?

The WODE has superior compatibility in both Wii and Gamecube games, something that software isn't up to par with yet without extensive hacking. Yeah, its a bit pricey, but its worth every penny.

ST75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JNDS02 said:
Wow. so just a SD card, broadband internet and a HDD I can do what the WODE does?

Somewhat...If you want to play gamecube backups from HDD then you need a wode. There is hope that DiosMios will do this without the need for WODE but that looks like it will be a long time before it is anywhere near as reliable as WODE...if it ever gets there.

JNDS02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MarcusRaven said:
Matthew said:
Why get WODE when there are many far better and cheaper alternatives. With a SD Card, Decnt Broadband and A good sized HDD you can play backup games and homebrew.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

I guess I'll actually answer your questions instead of telling you to do something else.

JNDS02 said:

Things to know: The WODE is fantastic, easily updated, and has little to no issues with compatibility.

Any hard drive should work just fine, but some that don't have their own power sources may require more power. This is why newer WODEs come with a double USB cable in the back. If that doesn't remedy it, a y-split USB cable should fix it. Besides that, your hard drive should work fine.

If you don't have any soft-mods, then you can update your Wii without worry.

Also, the WODE official website has forums that are very helpful and informative. Some from there are even regulars here (myself included).

QUOTE(JNDS02 @ Nov 28 2010, 01:09 AM)

The WODE has superior compatibility in both Wii and Gamecube games, something that software isn't up to par with yet without extensive hacking. Yeah, its a bit pricey, but its worth every penny.
Well, I'll consider both options, the wode and without. But now I'm going towards the WODE then the softmodding process thanks to your answers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them