WLAN Switch Acting Up

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Jamstruth, Dec 31, 2009.

Dec 31, 2009

WLAN Switch Acting Up by Jamstruth at 11:10 PM (953 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Jamstruth
    OP

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Something which seems to have developed since I bought the system. Over the last couple of days the Wireless on my PSP 1000 is suddenly shutting off and giving the message "WLAN switch is off" a quick switch off and on again suffices most of the time but it happens quite regularly even after that. I think its just the switch that's loose and if I avoid touching the switch it seems to work but it is right where you need to put your hand on the PSP-1000 so perhaps a fix is needed?

1st option: Any quick-fix ideas which would not require me to pry apart the electronics in the way of me and that WLAN switch (and I've seen videos it seems daunting to me!)

2nd Option: How much does a new WLAN switch cost and would it have to be bought with a new WLAN card?

2. benbop1992

Member benbop1992 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Dude, i got the same Problem

3. Jamstruth
    OP

United Kingdom
    A bit of research has revealed to me that the only way of fixing this completely is just to get a new Wi-Fi/Memory Stick Board and fit it, in the mean time a piece of masking tape might hold it in place long enough though...

4. Aeladya

Member Aeladya *mistressOFtheCLOW

United States
    Mine broke too, and I bought it used so I could do nothing about it, it broke about 4 months after purchase. So my dad tried to take it apart to attempt to fix it...now it just sits in pieces somewhere in his room and he said he's not gonna fix it for me...

5. Jamstruth
    OP

United Kingdom
    Like I said, the switch is attached to the wi-fi board. You need a whole new board in order to fix the thing.

6. Aeladya

Member Aeladya *mistressOFtheCLOW

United States
    LOL Honestly I just want the PSP put back together at this point. I may miss Monster Hunter with XLink Kai, but I wants my Monster Hunter...and there's like 4 games I want [​IMG].