Gaming WLAN Switch Acting Up

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Something which seems to have developed since I bought the system. Over the last couple of days the Wireless on my PSP 1000 is suddenly shutting off and giving the message "WLAN switch is off" a quick switch off and on again suffices most of the time but it happens quite regularly even after that. I think its just the switch that's loose and if I avoid touching the switch it seems to work but it is right where you need to put your hand on the PSP-1000 so perhaps a fix is needed?

1st option: Any quick-fix ideas which would not require me to pry apart the electronics in the way of me and that WLAN switch (and I've seen videos it seems daunting to me!)

2nd Option: How much does a new WLAN switch cost and would it have to be bought with a new WLAN card?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A bit of research has revealed to me that the only way of fixing this completely is just to get a new Wi-Fi/Memory Stick Board and fit it, in the mean time a piece of masking tape might hold it in place long enough though...

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine broke too, and I bought it used so I could do nothing about it, it broke about 4 months after purchase. So my dad tried to take it apart to attempt to fix it...now it just sits in pieces somewhere in his room and he said he's not gonna fix it for me...

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
Like I said, the switch is attached to the wi-fi board. You need a whole new board in order to fix the thing.

LOL Honestly I just want the PSP put back together at this point. I may miss Monster Hunter with XLink Kai, but I wants my Monster Hunter...and there's like 4 games I want
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1