With ps4 9.00 do I have the battery problem?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when is the battery working? does it work if i unplug the ps4 power cord? Does the cable have to stay connected to the ps4 all the time?
I don't want to drain the battery then I always have to adjust the time

The CMOS battery have about 3 years of shelf life when the PS4 left turn off, the CMOS battery lose capacity as time goes on.

Horizon0D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The CMOS battery have about 3 years of shelf life when the PS4 left turn off, the CMOS battery lose capacity as time goes on.
off with the power cable connected does the battery run down?
I bought the ps4 used
he was 4 years old
I made her do the fifth year of life
I've had it for a year

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
off with the power cable connected does the battery run down?
I bought the ps4 used
he was 4 years old
I made her do the fifth year of life
I've had it for a year

Yes the battery died overtime, it has a shelf life of three year if the PS4 left in unused, if you are worry you can always replace the battery, since they fixed the problem in 9.00 you don't have to worry too much. Worse case you just need to replace the battery if it died.

Horizon0D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes the battery died overtime, it has a shelf life of three year if the PS4 left in unused, if you are worry you can always replace the battery, since they fixed the problem in 9.00 you don't have to worry too much. Worse case you just need to replace the battery if it died.
the battery is not empty
when i turn on the ps4 the time is correct
I don't want to discharge the battery
If I turn off the ps4 and don't unplug the power cord, will the battery run out?
What happens when I don't unplug the power cord? who keeps the correct time? battery or electricity

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the battery is not empty
when i turn on the ps4 the time is correct
I don't want to discharge the battery
If I turn off the ps4 and don't unplug the power cord, will the battery run out?
What happens when I don't unplug the power cord? who keeps the correct time? battery or electricity

Leaving it plug in doesn't really do anything, the battery will discharge over time, that how it works for computer too. The PS4 needs the battery to keep track of time, they fix the issue in firmware 9.00, before firmware they didn't have a fix for if the cmos battery died which cause game to be not able to be launched.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even if it didn't work, change network environment in debug settings to sp-int (the dev network), and it will fix it. the ps3 has this same network, so it may work for that as well. I assume the ps5 has no such thing or it's been patched.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck