Wisdom Teeth

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by CheatingSoi, Jul 4, 2009.

Jul 4, 2009

Wisdom Teeth by CheatingSoi at 9:13 AM (1,597 Views / 0 Likes) 23 replies

1. CheatingSoi
    OP

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    I just had all four of my wisdom teeth out yesterday. My parents made me ice my cheeks every half an hour the entire day. It was so boring and I haven't eaten anything but yogurt and pudding since Thursday. I was really tired yesterday so I went to bed at like 7. I woke up like ever hour, not because my teeth hurt but well, I don't really know why but each time I become less and less tired. It is now 3am and I cant go back to sleep. Now my teeth hurt a lot more and I'm stuck here unable to sleep at 3 in the morning. Damn, nothing to do now but browse the temp.

2. Smartpal

Member Smartpal The Guitar Guy

India
    I'm gonna get my wisdom teeth removed in 4 months time. This sounds bad.

3. NightKry

Member NightKry GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Ugh... My brother had his removed a while back. He was in so much pain... he had to eat porridge for quite a while =P I thought it was rather amusing, actually... just hope my time never comes =_=

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    lol its NOT FUN at all!

Had mine removed under General Anaesthesia (basically you have an injection of fluid into your hand and your knocked out for a while!) ... its faster and you don't tend to feel much until a little later when its all over [​IMG]

none of this doing it awake with local injections and messing about!

5. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    Bad luck, old boy. I don't mean to gloat or anything but I still have all four of mine. They came through without causing me any problems. [​IMG]

6. Sc4rFac3d

Member Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    Most adults do.

I got two of mine removed because I had to prep for surgery. I was really lucky because they had to cut my flesh to get it out. This way it hurt a lot less. Anyway, both times I was pretty much healed within a day holding a big bag of ice right next to my face and falling asleep.

7. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    Yeah if the teeth still aren't coming out of the flesh and gums it hurts a lot less. I had to have my bottom removed the hard way (They were coming up and started turning and pushing on the other teeth so they had to come out) Then like 7 months later my others ones showed up and they just cut the flesh and pulled them out. For the tops ones it probably only hurt for a day or so. The bottom ones hurt for what felt like a year.

8. RebelX

Member RebelX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I got mine removed and they got infected. It sucked some major ass. My advice to you is to not eat anything hard until it heals completely. And don't eat bacon bits while the wisdom teeth sockets are still open. You will regret it...

9. jesuschristmonke

Member jesuschristmonke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The oral surgeon put me under during the procedure. And I got a Vicoden prescript.

I ended up watching Beverly Hills Ninja that evening and that movie made a lot of sense.

So all in all it wasn't an unpleasant experience. The only thing that was awful is waking up and spitting out a mouthful of black, congealed blood and the nasty taste that leaves.

10. Smartpal

Member Smartpal The Guitar Guy

India
    Mine are coming sideways and pushing into my molars. Arrgh,

11. ZPE

Member ZPE GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    If they come out misaligned then you're pretty much prone to getting mouth infections. I had mine bursting out at 45 degrees to the rest of my teeth and they're starting to cause problems so they'll be removed once I get back to a dentist in over 5 years. :|

12. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    The only thing thats good about this is that I don't have to work the weekend now! But man, do they hurt. The laughing gas was awesome and then they injected me and the next thing I knew I was laying down in a different room ans apparently they had me walk there on my own but I didn't remember it at all. Its really annoying not being able to freakin eat food. Today I was finally allowed to eat spaghettios but its hurts to much to enjoy. Every tiem I wake up me teeth hurt so baddd. I tack a bunch of meds and the ice my face for half hour then it feels better.

13. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    Had mine removed 5 years ago. Absolutely not fun for me as well. Mine swelled up like crazy. I lost weight and appetite for food for like a month. [​IMG] But I gained it all back.

14. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    I already don't enjoy food as it is plus I have no fat to loose [​IMG] But damn is it hurting bad right now. Just a constant, sharp throbbing pain. Just an hour ago I barley felt anything.

15. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    the pain is nothing to having your jaw restructured

I can say that much

16. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Ouch! Sounds really painful. I had the last of my wisdom teeth come up about a year ago. Was painful for about a week or two, but I didn't have to have them pulled.

I did have a healthy tooth pulled when I was a bit younger. Tooth had to be removed as I had an extra one and it'd cause some problems overlapping others. Extremely painful, sticking the neddle into my gum to numb it was one of the worst experiences. [​IMG]

17. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    I also had to get a tooth or two pulled before and that needle does suck. Luckily I was asleep for my wisdom teeth so I didn't feel the needle, unless they used something else but my mouth was numb the entire day from 10am all the way until 7pm when I went to sleep. Anyway, right now I'm worried because my mouth seems to hurt more than it did the past two days. I hope I feel better by Tuesday because I gotta go to work.

18. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    Lucky... At least you were knocked out. When my sister got her wisdom teeth out, she just had anaesthesia injected into her gums, they covered her eyes with a cloth and just did the whole procedure with her awake being able to listen to all the noises!

God did that sound scary, I am gonna have to take my own wisdom teeth if I get braces.

19. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    Wow, I cant imagine why anyone would do the procedure that way. Its 1000 times better while your sleeping because well, you don't feel anything and it only feels like it took 5 minutes.

20. Deadmon

Member Deadmon A Temper

Canada
    Did mine a year ago...had me sleep, when I woke up it was like a really weird hangover...heh.
    The recovery days went great, no dry socket, barely any swelling, ate regular food after a day or two. Guess I was pretty lucky and didn't have chipmunk cheeks!