Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I know there's a lot of tools out there already, so it probably won't get used ... BUT it was fun and I learned a lot about threading and concurrency!!!

Of course it uses NUSgrabber to do the work! So all due credits and thanks to Crediar.
  • You can select multiple games to download
  • You can download the updates too
  • Shows status as it is downloading rather than just freezing (this was the hard part)
  • Packages games into an install folder for use with WupInstaller Y Mod
To use:
  • Put your tickets folder in the same directory as Downloader.jar
  • Should be tickets->game name folder -> id folder -> title.tik
  • Optionally if you want some game sizes, also download tickets.zip and extract in the same place as tickets so the folders merge
  • Run the app, use Ctrl+click to select multiple games, choose if you want updates as well, then click Download
Download from quantumc.at

Any bug reports or suggestions please let me know. If you want more games to have sizes, please direct me to a website with this info (in table form, or otherwise separated by tags of some kind) and I'll scrape it and have more up-to-date info.

Also if you used it, whether you liked it or not, feel free to let me know 'cause that will make me very happy!

Issues:
  • If you get an error every time, and you're definitely connected to the net, test if you can run exe files. If you can't, you need to fix that.

Updates:
  • Can download the game & update at the same time, and opens new windows to show the status instead of cramming it into the little textbox at the bottom of the main window.
  • Update 7th November: fixed issue with moving id folder inside install folder (the copy file method I wrote did not work for whole directory to new directory and as I didn't test this I didn't notice), messages display in the main window's status textbox when a download is added to the queue, or started, or finished, can download updates separately, can choose how many threads you download with (e.g. if you choose 3 threads and you choose two games + updates [that's four things to download] it'll start downloading three at once and then when one finishes it will start the fourth). Made it so NUSgrabber.exe/wget.exe are killed when no longer operating. They may stick around a little while after you'd expect them to close because they are still having their streams read. If they stick around longer than 30 seconds please give me info on what was happening. Improved temp file deletion but NUSgrabber.exe, wget.exe, and the id folders may manage to avoid deletion if they are still active (the app will try to delete them, fail because they are being used, and then give up). If you have limited internet and want the download to definitely stop right away then please check Task Manager and kill NUSgrabber and wget manually if they are still operating. Added a confirmation dialog if you try to close the main window, but the program will still close right away if you close one of the status windows so be careful. (Hopefully) fixed layout issue with game list getting really small - could not reproduce the problem with my tiny screen but added something that hopefully fixed it. To update in future: 1. make the confirmation come up if trying to close status windows also, 2. have progress bars instead of printing the output of NUSgrabber.
Repository: https://github.com/quantumcat1/Wii-U-Downloader

screenshot.PNG

Attachments

• screenshot.PNG
    screenshot.PNG
    17 KB · Views: 1,544
Last edited by Quantumcat,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there's a lot of tools out there already, so it probably won't get used ... BUT it was fun and I learned a lot about threading and concurrency!!!

Of course it uses NUSgrabber to do the work! (I am not sure who the author is sorry :shy:)
  • You can select multiple games to download
  • You can download the updates too
  • Shows status as it is downloading rather than just freezing (this was the hard part)
  • Packages games into an install folder for use with WupInstaller Y Mod
To use:
  • Put your tickets folder in the same directory as Downloader.jar
  • Should be tickets->game name folder -> id folder -> title.tik
  • Optionally if you want some game sizes, also download tickets.zip and extract in the same place as tickets so the folders merge
  • Run the app, use Ctrl+click to select multiple games, choose if you want updates as well, then click Download
http://quantumc.at
Any bug reports or suggestions please let me know. If you want more games to have sizes, please direct me to a website with this info (in table form, or otherwise separated by tags of some kind) and I'll scrape it and have more up-to-date info.

Also if you used it, whether you liked it or not, feel free to let me know 'cause that will make me very happy!

View attachment 67778

Awesome, I've been trying to find out ways to get games from NUS, but also their updates so I don't have to disable my server blacklist :P Keep up the good work, now we can get both :D

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: Quantumcat

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I have everything set up the way you said to do I select the game I want to download and in the bottom left corner it immediately says error I have tried about 20 different games all with the error message.

Edit

Never mind I fixed it apparently I needed to install Microsoft visually ++ 2013 to my computer might be worth adding to the op that this is needed for people who don't have it installed.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: NexoCube

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you saw "Wii U USB Helper" you would fall in love! Hands down best downloader out there. But it's still nice to have a small lightweight one like this.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you saw "Wii U USB Helper" you would fall in love! Hands down best downloader out there. But it's still nice to have a small lightweight one like this.
Hey yes I just checked it out it looks awsome. If you still need testers I would very much like to help you out MattKimura.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey yes I just checked it out it looks awsome. If you still need testers I would very much like to help you out MattKimura.
Haha I'm not the dev of that amazing app. If you want to test, you can join the discord server. Let me know if you're interested.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Of course it uses NUSgrabber to do the work! (I am not sure who the author is sorry :shy:)
If you launch NUSGrabber executable (in a command line windows, or it will just auto-close), you'll see the author's name, program version, command line help, etc.

This tool is from Crediar.

thanks for your GUI.
"Yet another tool to add to wiki when I'll have time"

Reactions: Deleted User

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you launch NUSGrabber executable (in a command line windows, or it will just auto-close), you'll see the author's name, program version, command line help, etc.

This tool is from Crediar.

thanks for your GUI.
"Yet another tool to add to wiki when I'll have time"
Thanks I will fix that :-) So obvious, I saw that every time I ran it with no internet!!

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just a little feedback if you are interested.
I downloaded two titles succesfully with their corresponding update. That works fine.
It would be really cool to have a progress bar, the info showing the files and speed of the download its somewhat confusing and you never really know when it is going to finish.
There is a wierd issue with the windows sizing. After adjusting it a few times the game list windows gets really thin and it is impossible to adjust it back

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Just a little feedback if you are interested.
I downloaded two titles succesfully with their corresponding update. That works fine.
It would be really cool to have a progress bar, the info showing the files and speed of the download its somewhat confusing and you never really know when it is going to finish.
There is a wierd issue with the windows sizing. After adjusting it a few times the game list windows gets really thin and it is impossible to adjust it back
Thanks! Can you send me a screenshot of when the list gets really thin?
I'll work on having progress bars for the files, using the output from NUSgrabber (instead of printing it directly in the app).

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Another thing i forgot to mention. The program succesfully creates a folder with the downloaded name on it, but after the download is finished it doesnt move the contents of the temp folder named with the game id number to the other
I dont know if this is intentional

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another thing i forgot to mention. The program succesfully creates a folder with the downloaded name on it, but after the download is finished it doesnt move the contents of the temp folder named with the game id number to the other
Yes I also have that problem and have the problem of the shrunken game list as well.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yes I also have that problem and have the problem of the shrunken game list as well.
Thanks guys I'll fix the folder problem. I admit I didn't really test it.

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Some more feedback!
The multiple download option doenst work.
I selected 3 titles with Ctrl pressed,but only the first one downloaded.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Some more feedback!
The multiple download option doenst work.
I selected 3 titles with Ctrl pressed,but only the first one downloaded.
Did you wait a while until after the first one finished? In the first version they (should) download consecutively (they will download all at the same time in my next upload though).

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I also have the problem of selecting multiple games if I select only one game it downloads fine if I select two games they both download if I select more than two only the first downloads only found this out when I selected loads of games and left the computer on over night and only the first game downloaded.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.