one is "SafeSysUpdater.3dsx-08.zip"
second is "SafeSysUpdater.cia-08.zip"
Which one do I put in my 3ds?

ArielArashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Used the app, perfect for downgrading 2 n3ds 10.3 to 9.2, at the first attempt and without any freeze.
Congratulations for the good work!

spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
There are 2 downloads.
one is "SafeSysUpdater.3dsx-08.zip"
second is "SafeSysUpdater.cia-08.zip"
Which one do I put in my 3ds?

If you are above 9.2, you can't install unsigned .cia files, so you have to use an entrypoint to launch *hax and execute the .3dsx file.

Note that to downgrade, you will need the update files for 9.2(or whatever firmware you are going to flash). Those can't be posted or linked here on GBAtemp since that'd go against the rules(they're Nintendo's copyrighted content). You can find them on that iso site.

Last edited by spoonm, , Reason: Other files are needed, just making it clear.

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Looks like SafeyUpdater Checks for 9.1 md5 sums for japan consoles i believe. You could just use the "normal" SysUpdater and update to 9.2.
But to be honest, you dont want to risk bricking your N3DS just for updating to 9.2 if youre already on 9.1.
Get emunand, reinand cfw and update the emunand to 10.4. :)
I did further research and it seems that it shows 9.1 in the System Settings screen yet it's actually 9.2 that is installed on my downgraded N3DS.
I also used the downgrade-check and it showed "9.2 NATIVE_FIRM: 2.46-0", which seems to confirm this theory.
It still kinda bugs me but I guess I can live with that.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/can-i-use-sysupdater-to-upgrade-my-version.409935/#post-5963790
The reason it shows 9.1 is because of a issue with version title ID (Japanese only) or something, yet it's 9.2 that is installed.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/can-i-use-sysupdater-to-upgrade-my-version.409935/#post-5963846
The 0000400102002CA00 that JPN users have to delete before downgrading has something to do with the version number from what I have seen. It was the same with the SOAP private server method for 8.1 to 9.2 before the downgrader was released some time ago. Using that showed 9.1 in the settings after using 9.2 cia files.

If you use the downgrade check it will show 9.2 Native_Firm 2.46-0. Rename the folder to downgrade-check btw.

Last edited by Emenaria,

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, anyone correct me if I'm wrong I'm kinda scared doing this but I got a checklist going on before I do it and I dont want to miss any steps, I'm on a U 10.3 o3ds
1. Download 9.2 o3ds U cia
2. Create a folder caled updates on the root of the SD card
3. Copy all .cia files into the updates folder on the SD card
4. Download safesysupdater.3dsx and put it in the 3ds folder in the sd card
5. Run ninjhax/ironhax/menuhax
6. Boot up safesysupdater
7. Press Y if it boots up correctly
8. Pray?
Am I good?

Last edited by Eddypikachu,
Reactions: zezzo

davidlc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
After I pressed "Y for Downgrade" it just gave me a black screen?
Seriously, please, please people, READ the thread first, then downgrade, you'll have a lot of answers if you read the information first, otherwise we'll end with 100's of pages with the same question over and over and over again, everyone benefits for reading, specially when downgrading, to avoid potential bricks by learning from other people's mistakes and then contributing with feedback. Let's make a better place to learn, not a better place to just ask

Last edited by davidlc,

spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, anyone correct me if I'm wrong I'm kinda scared doing this but I got a checklist going on before I do it, I'm on a U 10.3 o3ds
1. Download 9.2 o3ds U cia
2. Create a folder caled updates on the root of the SD card
3. Copy all .cia files into the updates folder on the SD card
4. Download safesysupdater.3dsx and put it in the 3ds folder in the sd card
5. Run ninjhax/ironhax/menuhax
6. Boot up safesysupdater
7. Press Y if it boots up correctly
8. Pray

P.S. how do I know if it doesn't boot up correctly? Does it just get a black screen, how long do I wait in the black screen to ensure that it didn't boot up or that its just taking a long time to load

If memchunkhax2 isn't loaded correctly, SafeSysUpdater will crash after you hit Y and likely just display some pink dots on the bottom left corner of your top screen. Power off, power on, try again until it says "HAX SUCCESS!". By then, it should start checking the files and if everything goes smoothly, it'll start flashing them.

As for the updates folder, the .zip's in that iso site already come with the updates folder itself. Just extract it to the root of the SD card and you should be fine. It'll result in an /updates folder with a bunch of .cia files in it.

Since it might take some time for memchunkhax2 to be loaded correctly, I suggest replacing your homebrew launcher's boot.3dsx(the one on the root of the SD card) with SafeSysUpdater. Just rename boot.3dsx to something else and rename SafeSysUpdater.3dsx to boot.3dsx.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If memchunkhax2 isn't loaded correctly, SafeSysUpdater will crash after you hit Y and likely just display some pink dots on the bottom left corner of your top screen. Power off, power on, try again until it says "HAX SUCCESS!". By then, it should start checking the files and if everything goes smoothly, it'll start flashing them.

As for the updates folder, the .zip's in that iso site already come with the updates folder itself. Just extract it to the root of the SD card and you should be fine. It'll result in an /updates folder with a bunch of .cia files in it.

Since it might take some time for memchunkhax2 to be loaded correctly, I suggest replacing your homebrew launcher's boot.3dsx(the one on the root of the SD card) with SafeSysUpdater. Just rename boot.3dsx to something else and rename SafeSysUpdater.3dsx to boot.3dsx.

Ahh it worked on the first try, it said good when checking all the cia files and now its installing!
My heart is still pumping as I watch everything getting installed tho
Thanks for your guidance! :yay3ds:

Last edited by Eddypikachu,

spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
Ahh it worked on the first try, it said good when checking all the cia files and now its installing!
My heart is still pumping watching everything's getting installed tho
Thanks for your guidance! :yay3ds:

I'm glad it worked. Let's hope everything goes fine. Don't worry too much if at the end it fails to reboot itself, it happened on all three of my 3DSes and manually turning it off and on again was all it took to see glorious 9.2 in System Settings.

I just sort of repeated what was in the OP, though, it's not like my guidance made any change. :blush:
I make checklists too, by the way. They're awesome, aren't they?

Eikill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I got "An error has occured" while it was installing the cia files, and now when I start my ds I cant open the browser or the system settings. I was on 9.9 n3ds before I tried downgrading. Anybody know what I have to do now?

spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
I got "An error has occured" while it was installing the cia files, and now when I start my ds I cant open the browser or the system settings. I was on 9.9 n3ds before I tried downgrading. Anybody know what I have to do now?

If you can still run *hax and the system works fine except for what you mentioned about the browser, try to downgrade again. Don't update, just sun SafeSysUpdater/sysUpdater again and try flashing the files.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you can do nothing but update to 10.4 or try again if your have another entrypoint

Last edited by Arubaro,

Eikill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you can still run *hax and the system works fine except for what you mentioned about the browser, try to downgrade again. Don't update, just sun SafeSysUpdater/sysUpdater again and try flashing the files.
I cant open the browser and it wont boot into menuhax

Isnt there anything else I can do other than boot in recovery and update to 10.4?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7