Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

ArchangelPT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i guess i'm fucked until someone comes up with another method. Themehax and browserhax both failed to get the program started and i'm out of entry points.

Kilarity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I downgrade? I'm kind of worried that I could accidentally soft-brick or hard-brick my 3DS, but I haven't seen any reports with this.

MeleeMaster500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i asked the topicstarter this before downgrading,

he said no because the latest is working very good for most ppl!

no hard bricks reported yet

I believe Sil3nt_Pr0digy has recorded a hardbrick on a N3DSXL, specifically that "There is a very low chance, that during the installation of the .cia update files, that sysupdater will freeze and stop installing."

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c...r_way_of_downgrading_your_3ds_is_here/cyxlmgz

does anyone know if this problem still exists or if there is a way to avoid this?

I've already downgraded successfully my own 2ds using the non-safe sysupdater, but my friends are concerned about the possibilities of hard bricks during the downgrade process before doing it themselves

Kilarity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to downgrade, pressed Y after checking the files, and now there's a black screen with some pink lines at the bottom left of the screen and I think it's frozen. Is this normal, or did I just screw something up?

EDIT - I mean, do I reboot if it's doing this?

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
I assume you're talking to me, so, thanks!
no problem. Ive had the pink dots down the bottom left hand corner of the top screen lots of times. Give it a couple of minutes and then just reboot. But in respect of my findings. It never goes anywhere.

D

Deleted User

OK, so it just errored out of the last downgrade try, BUT I can access recovery mode so all is well

It booted into an incomplete 9.2, but no system settings

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OK, so it just errored out of the last downgrade try, BUT I can access recovery mode so all is well

It booted into an incomplete 9.2, but no system settings

Back to 10.3
Time for round 2

Superfisher87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when i check the update files it doesn't have Hax success ! and is that normal but when it's finished it say's update's files are good

256wzkk.jpg

nzq747.jpg

here's the picture's sorry about the poor image quality.

New 3ds XL on latest firmware 10.3.0-28e

Last edited by Superfisher87,

xed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
when i check the update files it doesn't have Hax success ! and is that normal but when it's finished it say's update's files are good

256wzkk.jpg

nzq747.jpg

here's the picture's sorry about the poor image quality.

New 3ds XL on latest firmware 10.3.0-28e
Press Y to downgrade...

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4 times, thats now 28 times trying to downgrade this n3ds xl. This 3ds just can't be downgraded there is no way I've tried everything format system, format SD cards, a lot of sd cards, 9.1.0-20, 9.2.0-20, 9.0.0-20, safesysupdater, sysupdater, everything. Always ends up the same way on a franken firmware incomplete whatever. I've even went as far as using sysupdater again on 9.2 incomplete and bought a game with 9.2 update on it still franken firmware

Last edited by andre104623,

Chagdor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help!! My New 3ds XL is stuck at Checking update integrity!!

Believe me I did all the steps 100% correctly. I've posted a picture. Someone kindly advice.

I'm not gonna touch it till then!!

EDIT:

Done!! Managed to downgrade! Grew a couple of more balls (bigger ones) and restarted the system. Upon tyring once again worked like a charm. Got stuck at Try1ing to reboot, waited for 10 minutes, and then restarted to be welcomed by 9.2!

Thank you very much @cpasjuste for SafeSysUpdater! I had been waiting patiently for @JustPingo's KTM since the hype started but got utterly disapepointed when he gave up. You shouldn't give false hope to people and then abandon them. False hope is worse than no hope in my opinion.

Anyway, now where's my Gateway card so that I can start backing up my precious NAND...

Last edited by Chagdor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work