ROM Hack [WIP] Ohana3DS tool

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I updated the build again. Changes:

- Finally fixed the CGFX EndOfStreamException, turns out that it was a dumb mistake
- Hopefully fixed the colors issue with *.mbn files
- Minor tweaks on UI and DAE exporter

@Demonslayerx8
.mbn rigging is working fine for me. All UV layers are exported, maybe theyre lost on the dae -> fbx conversion. But I made minor changes on the dae exporter, can you see if it work on 3dsmax now? I also tried to fix the color issue. Looks like mbn uses bgra instead of rgba like bch and cgfx.
ill test the uv fix soon! altho yesterday importing a dae into 3ds max made max crash and close... so idk if this update will solve it.. just tested it tho and still makes my 3ds max crash (i use 2014 btw.. my dae importer probably doesnt support the version ohana uses)
but.. colors are still.. off... :|
peb6MqS.jpg

YQecJ3O.png

NXvS1dh.png

edit:
ok.. I can now safely say that stage files exported as a DAE (doesnt matter which stage file from a mbn or bch) crashes 3ds max, while characters work fine, but stage models has no rigging when there's bones.

edit2:
I'd also like to point out that some animation files (bone and material) wont play or show animations going on

Last edited by Demonslayerx8,

Nao-chan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@gdkchan I used the .dae exporter on the Pokémon Models but some of the objects are missing. Can you fix that please?
I feel you need to cool it with the requests. Not everyone is here to answer your questions and wait on you hand and foot. Slow it down... you did this with the Brawlbox dev team too.

Last edited by Nao-chan,

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if these questions have already been answered.
1. If I try to open a .bcres with a lot of content in it, it gives me an error. (I have the file and the error at the bottom)
2. If I want to import the textures in a .bcres file, it says I need a .bch, .bctex, .bcres or a .bcmdl. How do I get/edit these files? Is there away to convert a .png to .bch?

All these files come from New Super Mario Bros 2.

Last edited by GalladeGuy,

Evilpape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bowser's model from Photos with Mario gives the error "Unable to read beyond the end of the stream." using the latest build.

Attachments

• Koopa.zip
    277.5 KB · Views: 102
Last edited by Evilpape,

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't really kept up here lately. Is it possible to save at all yet?
no not yet.

edit:
regarding my last post, this is the error I get when playing any animation from mbn stage models
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.Ohana.AnimationUtils.getKey(OAnimationKeyFrameGroup sourceFrame, Single frame)
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.Ohana.RenderEngine.getMaterialAnimationColor(OMaterialAnimationData data, Color& baseColor)
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.Ohana.RenderEngine.render()
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.GUI.OViewportWindow.initialize(RenderEngine renderEngine)
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.FrmMain.launchModel(OModelGroup model, String name)
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.FrmMain.open(String fileName)
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.FrmMain.mnuOpen_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Last edited by Demonslayerx8,

rikimtasu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Tried the latest build,seems that most stuff are fixed..all thought some important texture still doesn't show on 7th dragon 3 models.

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I import edited texture files. It exports them as PNG I edit them, then I try to import them but the only options for importing are .bch .bcres .bcmdl .bctex and .tex Im using the latest version of Ohana3ds. Is there a png to .bch converter that I need to download?

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How do I import edited texture files. It exports them as PNG I edit them, then I try to import them but the only options for importing are .bch .bcres .bcmdl .bctex and .tex Im using the latest version of Ohana3ds. Is there a png to .bch converter that I need to download?
It doesn't support creation of any 3ds format (such as bch, bcmdl, and the like). And tbh I dont see the point in adding those features anymore. The official tools was already leaked on the webs, so anyone can use 'em to create any kind of model/texture hack. Therefore I prefer to just stick in viewing/exporting those formats.

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
It doesn't support creation of any 3ds format (such as bch, bcmdl, and the like). And tbh I dont see the point in adding those features anymore. The official tools was already leaked on the webs, so anyone can use 'em to create any kind of model/texture hack. Therefore I prefer to just stick in viewing/exporting those formats.

So Ohana3DS Rebirth will not be able to save an edited model ?
Is that a regression from the original Ohana 3DS ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi