ROM Hack [WIP] MHXX English Patch Extended

Meteo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glad this is being done since I just found out XX will never be localized for the 3DS. I also assume online play will be impossible correct?

Nitro-Gale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glad this is being done since I just found out XX will never be localized for the 3DS. I also assume online play will be impossible correct?
Online play shouldn’t be affected by this patch. It was never that way with dasding’s UI Translation patch, so I’m sure this one will follow a similar setup.

The most you’d have to expect from this is to update regularly with any patches Capcom release for the 3ds XX version. However, I don’t think @Darksigil would have a completed translation available on the initial release. Most likely they will be releasing updates along the way (assuming this project isn’t abandoned before a V1 release)

Nariod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So dialogue will be done too? Nice! I'm in a discord with a group of English players but I'd like to play the game with some dialogue too... Has there been any progress so far? Just wondering since I can find any mention of the project after this initial post...

Thanks in advance, You're doing God's work here.

Nitro-Gale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So dialogue will be done too? Nice! I'm in a discord with a group of English players but I'd like to play the game with some dialogue too... Has there been any progress so far? Just wondering since I can find any mention of the project after this initial post...

Thanks in advance, You're doing God's work here.
Haven’t heard back from @Darksigil since he updated this post. I’m keeping my fingers crossed and praying this project isn’t abandoned.

From the screenshots they have provided in this post, it really looks like they’re putting in a great deal of effort in making sure everything is translated.

I wish I could help, but I don’t know japanese in the slightest.

Reactions: plug313

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
OP probably wants to release the patch a couple of months from now so it won't potentially damage the sales of the Switch version. At least, that's what I want to believe. Here's hoping the project isn't dead.

Nariod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OP probably wants to release the patch a couple of months from now so it won't potentially damage the sales of the Switch version. At least, that's what I want to believe. Here's hoping the project isn't dead.
I would understand that completely, I was just saying I'd be perfectly fine with only an update at the very least to know whether the project is still going or if it's been dropped. Completely up to the OP of course and I don't mean to add any pressure, I'd just like some news...

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Easy, mate. Nothing in my post was directed at you. I was just stating my general opinion about the project.

Nitro-Gale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy, mate. Nothing in my post was directed at you. I was just stating my general opinion about the project.
There's... nothing to calm down about?

@Nariod was only putting their two cents on the matter as well. Don't know what part of it struck you in an off way lmao.

No news, no updates, nothing from OP. I'm starting to lose faith on this project as well. Another one bites the dust I suppose.

You know what is coming up though? The Nintendo Direct that was supposed to come out a few days ago, but got delayed due to the earthquake and typhoon hitting Japan. I heard they were focusing releases on the 3DS and not on the switch. Assuming that its not going to be 90 percent Smash news, I can only pray that we get a surprise GU release for 3ds as well.

But I think I'm tired of hoping. I'm probably just gonna call it off here and not check up on these threads anymore. I'll make do with what I've got, and enjoy XX alone until I move on from MH.

Been a pleasure you guys =)

Nariod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

@Nariod was only putting their two cents on the matter as well. Don't know what part of it struck you in an off way lmao.

No news, no updates, nothing from OP. I'm starting to lose faith on this project as well. Another one bites the dust I suppose.

You know what is coming up though? The Nintendo Direct that was supposed to come out a few days ago, but got delayed due to the earthquake and typhoon hitting Japan. I heard they were focusing releases on the 3DS and not on the switch. Assuming that its not going to be 90 percent Smash news, I can only pray that we get a surprise GU release for 3ds as well.

But I think I'm tired of hoping. I'm probably just gonna call it off here and not check up on these threads anymore. I'll make do with what I've got, and enjoy XX alone until I move on from MH.

Ah Nintendo direct huh ? 29 hours from when this post is made it seems. Though the chances of a GU announcement on Switch is close to impossible, I fear. Ive come to understand that they purposely planned to delay the English release for the switch from the get-go, to sell more switches in the west. If that's the case they would have no reason to gift us with a 3ds version.

I'm thinking most of it is gonna be smash news and other switch titles and the 3ds part is gonna be of titles we already know are coming, like Persona Q2 and the like(I'd much rather an spin off persona title that follows the original game play than the Etrian Odyssey dungeon crawling stuff we got in Persona Q but at this point I can't be choosy).

I hope to the gods above I'm wrong though and I'd very much like to be proven as such. It's a shame this project is likely silently dropped though. I was putting off moving my save file to xx to play it with the patch. No point now I guess...

Nariod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Ah Nintendo direct huh ? 29 hours from when this post is made it seems. Though the chances of a GU announcement on Switch is close to impossible, I fear. Ive come to understand that they purposely planned to delay the English release for the switch from the get-go, to sell more switches in the west. If that's the case they would have no reason to gift us with a 3ds version.

I'm thinking most of it is gonna be smash news and other switch titles and the 3ds part is gonna be of titles we already know are coming, like Persona Q2 and the like(I'd much rather an spin off persona title that follows the original game play than the Etrian Odyssey dungeon crawling stuff we got in Persona Q but at this point I can't be choosy).

I hope to the gods above I'm wrong though and I'd very much like to be proven as such. It's a shame this project is likely silently dropped though. I was putting off moving my save file to xx to play it with the patch. No point now I guess...

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'd be surprised if they announced GU for 3DS, would be a huge slap in the face since I'm sure many did get a Switch for it, while only announcing for Switch is a smart business move it would suck to find out it was coming to 3DS all along.

Nitro-Gale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be surprised if they announced GU for 3DS, would be a huge slap in the face since I'm sure many did get a Switch for it, while only announcing for Switch is a smart business move it would suck to find out it was coming to 3DS all along.
I can always hope. Oh well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Capcom didn’t port XX to the west earlier because they were afraid it wouldn’t sell well. Gen didn’t do amazing, and it’s been years since 4U’s release.

With the success of MHW worldwide, they’ve decided to bet on the western release of XX. That’s the only reason why. Not because they were waiting for more switches to be sold or anything like that. They didn’t release a 3ds version for it because 3ds is already at its end. They didn’t want to take too much of a gamble in releasing GU, so they reserved it for the switch for longevity purposes.

The switch is doing amazing right now, but I despise the fact that Nintendo isn’t providing dedicated servers with their paid online membership. 20 retro titles with multiplayer access isn’t enough for me to justify spending on a switch and the online sub fee.

Nothing new from Nintendo; they’re just slapping a price tag on already existing features. It’s extremely frustrating to hear that they’re half assing this update.

Guess I’ll have my final say when the direct comes out tomorrow.

Darksigil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whew, Haven't been on here in awhile, There's more support for this than I thought lol. Sorry I've been away for awhile everyone. I am still working on the patch, some life stuff came up and slowed me waaaay down, but I'm still going at it. I'll try to share more with you good folks in the morning.

Vallamaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whew, Haven't been on here in awhile, There's more support for this than I thought lol. Sorry I've been away for awhile everyone. I am still working on the patch, some life stuff came up and slowed me waaaay down, but I'm still going at it. I'll try to share more with you good folks in the morning.

I didn't have an account here before today. But I had been eagerly checking back on this thread every so often in the hopes that this wasn't dropped. So I just wanted to say how excited I am to see it's still being worked on after all. I greatly look forward to using the patch once it's eventually finished in the future.

Also, I can't help but ask since I'm curious. But did you change your mind about the news you were going to share in the morning?

Last edited by Vallamaria,

Nariod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HOLY HELL HE'S NOT DEAD. OH IT IS MUSIC TO MY EARS TO HEAR THOSE FEW WORDS. Seriously, no pressure mate, take your time, its really nice to know this project wasn't abandoned! My day has been made!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I didn't have an account here before today. But I had been eagerly checking back on this thread every so often in the hopes that this wasn't dropped. So I just wanted to say how excited I am to see it's still being worked on after all. I greatly look forward to using the patch once it's eventually finished in the future.

Also, I can't help but ask since I'm curious. But did you change your mind about the news you were going to share in the morning?
Guess not, but hey, hearing from him is way more than enough for me, lol.

Reactions: Darksigil

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT