ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm the CIA failing to build is commonly a computer problem, it happens to me because my ram is pretty small. I think that's it. So I mostly use .3ds because I won't have to install it each time an update is made, just plug it and go after patching. So far after knowing that, I haven't had any problem with patching the game. What's tricky for me is using HANS. Been pulling hair for that to work with update patches. I've lost a lot of hair. XD I also live in a place where internet is as humanly slow as possible...
Been there with the Internet thing, it sucks (mine was less than 500KiB/second). And I know it isn't a RAM issue. I have 8GB in it now (would like to upgrade to 16) and I monitored RAM usage during compiling to rule it out. The issue is that no matter what I try, it simply just always fails. I get an error during building, I go and find a fix. That fix resolves the issue but causes another, and the fix for that directly counters the first one I did. And if by some miracle it works, it crashes on boot on the 3DS. Ya know, that kind of crap.

Last edited by Arecaidian Fox,
Reactions: Nirmonculus

hybrid897

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Signed up to show my support!

Also I have the JPN eshop version will it be able to patch? Or will it be limited to the cartridge version?

Here's hoping HANS is able to access it. Thanks again :)

aCot+

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bhutan
Thank you for doing this. Any bit of translated text is helpful, especially kanji. And don't let people who want to believe the game might or might not get localized any time soon stop you.

Reactions: Hayleia

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Signed up to show my support!

Also I have the JPN eshop version will it be able to patch? Or will it be limited to the cartridge version?

Here's hoping HANS is able to access it. Thanks again :)

Right now i bet it will be cartridge only (if at all) for Homebrew. But we will only have 100% confirmation on release day. CFW is safe in any way.

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now i bet it will be cartridge only (if at all) for Homebrew. But we will only have 100% confirmation on release day. CFW is safe in any way.
HANS should work fine on eshop games.

Everybody should be able to use it as long as it's released in a format compatible with their system.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Sadly that's not the case. I got reports of people not being able to even launch the mhx eshop demo with HANS.
Was it because their firmware was too low? A firmware spoofed version was released a day after the eShop demo came out.

Zouiguipopo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a N3DS XL in 9.0 with Gateway 3DS and the Sky3DS With Ninjhax for Homebrew Launcher, i will got the game in .3DZ and .Cia, so can i use the translation or not ?

Thanks !

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
I have a N3DS XL in 9.0 with Gateway 3DS and the Sky3DS With Ninjhax for Homebrew Launcher, i will got the game in .3DZ and .Cia, so can i use the translation or not ?

Thanks !

If you can play .cia and someone is going to build a cia from the patch i provide (which i assume will happen) you will be able to play the patch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The switch was about 350 in 2017