Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

typ0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Success! Here's us booting into our code, from mset, on sysnand, on New 3DS version 9.2. There's a first!

Awesome, thank you for sharing that awesome progress to us :)

Looks excellent, really appreciate all the updates and replies thus far.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
you babes sure do get super serial about telling people they're wrong, then adding them to a computer-managed ignore list.

made any progress on 9.6 n3ds emunand?

D

Deleted User

i m looking forward getting the mset back up too. will this work on both - the o3ds and the n3ds? i guess it could work on both, right?

edit: nvm it does. didnt see the video, was using my mobile.

any eta yet? seemd to work fine

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i m looking forward getting the mset back up too. will this work on both - the o3ds and the n3ds? i guess it could work on both, right?

edit: nvm it does. didnt see the video, was using my mobile.

any eta yet? seemd to work fine
They don't wanna have a set release date because it would make them push for time and make it not so fun to develop. They're basically gonna release whenever they finish making all the public stuff ready. Their main goal is to tinker with the 3DS so they're also working on stuff for themselves to help boost the knowledge of the hardware I presume. Once their done with said public part and the private Dev stuff, then we might get it soon. Let's not hassle them though. :ha:

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It needs to happen on 9.5, otherwise I won't forgive myself for updating my 3DS.
Not going to happen, sorry. Start making peace with yourself, it's going to be a long wait.

Gateway announced support for 9.2 and then 9.3 patched their ARM11 kernel exploit. Then 9.5 patched their ARM9 exploit. So to have emuNAND on 9.6 you'd have to find another ARM11 kernel and then ARM9 kernel exploit. And you don't just burn those because a few stupid people updated past 9.2. Don't expect anything else for a good year or two.
Warning heavy use of sarcasm ahead.

If they burned their new exploits now, then what happens when the 10.0 update drops bringing with it Wii U remote play? What exploits would we use then? Oh, won't somebody think of the children exploits!?

But seriously, you probably shouldn't have updated.

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I rebuilt a fresh bootstrap.3dsx from master and it doesnt seem to load on my N3DS XL. I get 3 coloured dots on the bottom left on the bottom screen, thats all?

Arm9 branch btw

Hmm also using the ready-built bootstrap.3dsx in the Arm9 branch just causes CN to FC sometimes, mainly get the 3dot issue.

Ahh unless im viewing it incorrectly. The ARM9 branch is just a POC!!!

D

Deleted User

afaik they found an entry point on 9.5 so yeah i guess it will be possible. not sure about firmlaunch though

Reactions: Margen67

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
look what i am saying is not based on assumptions, when me and cearp where testing out the whitelist downgrade stuff i did test downgrading some other titles and they didnt work out.....i forget what titles they where exactly but just spoofing the version doesn't make it work........here is a practical test you can do to somewhat prove it doesn't, use 3DNUS to download the NDS whitelist 0004800F484E4841 v11264 and spoof the version to something higher than what you already have installed.....so according to you, if what your saying is true, this would make the blue card blocked right?....as spoofing apparently doesn't break anything right?.......test your blue card, oh what it still works even though supposedly the system doesn't care that the version has been modified, i dont have my nand mod hooked up right now as i switched cases, but sure i will give it another go later, i will admit if i have made a mistake, but what i say is/was not based on assumption, i did tests a while back and it didn't work.....maybe the things i tested did cause issues but not everything does, but that would go against the fact the the system appears to ignore the whitelist that would block the bluecard, the only logical explanation for that is that modifying the title version causes the system to not load the whitelist....and if that's true i dont see why anything else would fare any differently
Well, now. I have no argument for that. I tried as you said and my blue card still works. But Where is the N3DS getting that attwifi means Nintendo Zone?

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I rebuilt a fresh bootstrap.3dsx from master and it doesnt seem to load on my N3DS XL. I get 3 coloured dots on the bottom left on the bottom screen, thats all?

Arm9 branch btw

Hmm also using the ready-built bootstrap.3dsx in the Arm9 branch just causes CN to FC sometimes, mainly get the 3dot issue.

Ahh unless im viewing it incorrectly. The ARM9 branch is just a POC!!!

The public version of arm9 bootstrap doesn't work on the New 3DS.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because nintendo did a deal with at&t... ok
but it doesn't work on N3DS before installing the spoofed whitelist. Also I just started from scratch again with a 4.2 sysnand, installed the latest TWL_FIRM with a spoofed version to said sysnand, and I am still able to launch Metroid Fusion. No need to clutter this thread anymore with this nonsense, but I would appreciate a PM about it if you could be bothered...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is sad. His 2 movies were good. Informative about our food industry.