Not open for further replies.

AliceCE

Rookie 3DS Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently working on an advanced web browser for the Nintendo 3DS, currently going by the name "Jermus" on my computer. It will support downloading files, viewing some files, viewing page source code (and maybe later on, editing said source code or saving it locally), unlimited bookmarks (why was this even a limitation on the stock 3ds browser??), among a compact gui based loosely on Windows XP and 2000's appearance, and with a compact, 3x5 font for viewing as much text on screen as possible. Below is a mockup for what it will look like in the final stage of development.

mockup.png

Breakthroughs so far:

-getting cURL up and running properly :glare:

The browser may possibly be able to load webpages the stock 3ds browser can't load! I entered "https://www.wikipedia.org", and it loaded the raw HTML for the page fine without any errors! :wtf:

AliceCE

Rookie 3DS Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, i might add a larger font later in the GUI development. Trying to figure out the regex stuff right now. Regex with c++ is confusing when the only regex you've ever used is JavaScript regex :wacko:

• Haha
Reactions: ZeroT21

AliceCE

Rookie 3DS Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to strip certain parts of html tags in regex? me and my pal can't figure out how the hell to remove things enclosed in script tags, and i imagine keeping urls will be the same deal.

Code:
std::string text = s;
std::regex r("");
r = std::regex("\\<script.*?\\>.*?\\<.*?\\>"); //doesn't work
s = std::regex_replace(s, r, "");
r = std::regex("\\<.*?\\>"); //works fine

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anyone know how to strip certain parts of html tags in regex? me and my pal can't figure out how the hell to remove things enclosed in script tags, and i imagine keeping urls will be the same deal.

Code:
std::string text = s;
std::regex r("");
r = std::regex("\\<script.*?\\>.*?\\<.*?\\>"); //doesn't work
r = std::regex("\\<.*?\\>"); //works fine
Honestly, you shouldn't use Regex to parse HTML, it's extremely slow especially on the 3DS with it's limited hardware, and anyway you won't succeed at parsing everything, see this stackoverflow post. You should get or create a real parser which rebuilds the DOM tree in a way you can manipulate, maybe this will do?

Reactions: Seriel

AliceCE

Rookie 3DS Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By my pal's request and seeing as how every time i try to add an essential feature the c / cpp compiler starts shitting itself, i've decided to switch my code over to LUA. everything done so far will be ported (not much to port rn though) to LovePotion

Last edited by AliceCE,

AliceCE

Rookie 3DS Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burnout. Really bad burnout. Anything to help me get graphics working would be a godsend. I fucking hate #include so goddamn much, I want to use the framebuffer directly, not citro2d, and i also need help with setting the font itself up, i have a png of the characters.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

AliceCE

Rookie 3DS Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm... What kind of Codepage is the 3ds using? i had to decrement the offset for every character by -2 characters, and a lot of characters seem incorrect, why is 1 a 2, and 0 a fucking slash?

i'm dumb lol, i forgot the fucking "=" in the font data.

Last edited by AliceCE,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s