Homebrew [WIP][DEV] NoAmii - Amiibo emulation within 3DS.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happened with this project? I seriously want this finished so bad.

If you'd like an alternative, buy the Powersaves amiibo reader+Powertag, get the other Ntags (215?), find the files, and have a ball.

Other alternatives:
be our savior and make the dream come true
pay someone to release it
pay OP to finish it
wait.

Don't want to be a dick, but maybe life happened to OP. You can try asking OP in a PM, as well.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you'd like an alternative, buy the Powersaves amiibo reader+Powertag, get the other Ntags (215?), find the files, and have a ball.

Other alternatives:
be our savior and make the dream come true
pay someone to release it
pay OP to finish it
wait.

Don't want to be a dick, but maybe life happened to OP. You can try asking OP in a PM, as well.
He hasn't been around in many months, not sure what happened to him, he probably got tired of answering questions

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@wicksand420

I'd probably agree; at least it was said:

"Like i said the app currently has a memory corruption issue which is causing the above SSB crash. Any help in figuring it out would be aprecciated.

Please try to not post any non development related posts off this thread. If you are not a developer its not worth trying to get this to work at the moment."

Maybe there was a feeling of disinterest? Any number of things could have happened--dude might be homeless, might have fried the workstation, anything.

But, as @ 8BitWonder stated, it is open source, so maybe someone will put a bounty up to get it done.
Would be nice for SSB Switch, as we don't have any confirmation on amiibo for that game.......although, it would be funny to see a huuuuuge spike for demand in amiibo prices...unless you didn't have a way of loading backups or own the originals.

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
@wicksand420

I'd probably agree; at least it was said:

"Like i said the app currently has a memory corruption issue which is causing the above SSB crash. Any help in figuring it out would be aprecciated.

Please try to not post any non development related posts off this thread. If you are not a developer its not worth trying to get this to work at the moment."

Maybe there was a feeling of disinterest? Any number of things could have happened--dude might be homeless, might have fried the workstation, anything.

But, as @ 8BitWonder stated, it is open source, so maybe someone will put a bounty up to get it done.
Would be nice for SSB Switch, as we don't have any confirmation on amiibo for that game.......although, it would be funny to see a huuuuuge spike for demand in amiibo prices...unless you didn't have a way of loading backups or own the originals.
It seems that OP is stuck with a bug he cannot resolve alone. Unless someone figures this out, i see that the project will remain at its current state.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Deleted member 446461

Trophies
XP
Hmm. He should try using some of the Thenaya engine, if he's not.

He should make it compatible with *hax and Luma 3DS, at least version 6.0, since somebody could be THAT off to date (me), and don't know how to update specifically to Luma 7.0 (ME), which is the last one compatible with arm9loaderhax. This could be TOO MUCH, but eh. Just if it's possible... (pls)

I think he should ask some of the popular devs to team up with him.

Wouldn't a team behind NoAmii work? So we can call it a day. :grog: (what does this term mean???)

I wish MarcusD wouldn't have left the Homebrew community... Maybe we'll ask AuroraWright for help, since he made a input redirection and set it up into Luma CFW. This'd be a cakewalk for him, right? Then... Though teaming with AuroraWright seems a bit... uh... CRINGY. Sorry, I should admit it. He seems a BIG person for me, to ask if he can work with the NoAmii developer.

Buuuuuut here's a catch. You can make the NoAmii program "COMPATIBLE WITH READ-ONLY GAMES" for the moment, and you can look for someone to team up in the meantime. Just leave Super Smash Bros. away, that one game is too complex to cheese. But if you obligatorily have to set up the amiibo to make it work, even with read-only games, then I have no idea...

Ugh... I'm starting to sound cringy, am I? I just can't stop thinking about the cringyness I release into the reply EVERY SINGLE WORD I type.

Hope they're good ideas no they aren't and good luck in the project. I can't wait for this project to get finished, since here in Venezuela, we can't EVEN sell things to United States. I was planning selling my AR Cards for the NFC Reader (NFC Tags 215 here at Venezuela cost pretty cheap, 2.000.000 Bs. :3), but we can't get things from here and there. Rambler, thanks for reading this all the way down. You can do it. Don't give up, and be the best. My Nintendo 3DS will be proud. Rick is waiting for you. :yay3ds:

Last edited by Deleted member 446461,

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. He should try using some of the Thenaya engine, if he's not.

He should make it compatible with *hax and Luma 3DS, at least version 6.0, since somebody could be THAT off to date (me), and don't know how to update specifically to Luma 7.0 (ME), which is the last one compatible with arm9loaderhax. This could be TOO MUCH, but eh. Just if it's possible... (pls)

I think he should ask some of the popular devs to team up with him.

Wouldn't a team behind NoAmii work? So we can call it a day. :grog: (what does this term mean???)

I wish MarcusD wouldn't have left the Homebrew community... Maybe we'll ask AuroraWright for help, since he made a input redirection and set it up into Luma CFW. This'd be a cakewalk for him, right? Then... Though teaming with AuroraWright seems a bit... uh... CRINGY. Sorry, I should admit it. He seems a BIG person for me, to ask if he can work with the NoAmii developer.

Buuuuuut here's a catch. You can make the NoAmii program "COMPATIBLE WITH READ-ONLY GAMES" for the moment, and you can look for someone to team up in the meantime. Just leave Super Smash Bros. away, that one game is too complex to cheese. But if you obligatorily have to set up the amiibo to make it work, even with read-only games, then I have no idea...

And here's a tip about the amiibo tap emulation key. (I'll call it the NoAmii button) Since the D-Pad up is used in pretty much various games (list below) I prefer another combination. I hope it's a combination that isn't that easy to do accidentally. Since I saw where did you get the idea of pressing D-Pad up as the NoAmii button (Nintendo Switch tapping system :3), I've decided to think about the following combination to be set as the NoAmii button:
D-Pad Up + B + A + Y + X + L + R (hold these buttons for 3 seconds)

Ugh... I'm starting to sound cringy, am I? I just can't stop thinking about the cringyness I release into the reply EVERY SINGLE WORD I type.

Hope they're good ideas no they aren't except for the button combination idea and good luck in the project. I can't wait for this project to get finished, since here in Venezuela, we can't EVEN sell things to United States. I was planning selling my AR Cards for the NFC Reader (NFC Tags 215 here at Venezuela cost pretty cheap, 2.000.000 Bs. :3), but we can't get things from here and there. Rambler, thanks for reading this all the way down. You can do it. Don't give up, and be the best. My Nintendo 3DS will be proud. Rick is waiting for you. :yay3ds:
He made Thenaya, and TagMo

ROMANREIGNS599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happened with this project? I seriously want this finished so bad.
It has been one year. No joke. ONE YEAR.
I have waited hella lot too bro, this guy hasn't posted anything for some time, I even asked him if he is working on it like a month ago but he didn't reply... what about creating a new thread about this??? I personally can't wait any longer...

ROMANREIGNS599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. I should study it. and create a donation page, since I can't study that one language and not win a nibble of mon...!? What? Was it something I said?
WE HAVE FOUND THE LONG LOST TRUE HEROOO!! THE ONE WHO WILL SAVE MONEY FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T AFFORD AMIIBOS!!!!!!

Deleted member 446461

Trophies
XP
I can't afford either. That's why I'm in this thread. should contact Rambler to see how he did all this crazy stuff... Oh! Since Marcus did a CIA background working program, I should contact him too... This is going to be too much work. Hey! But what I'm going to do, if it's not wasting money for pieces of plastic that cost the moon here at Venezuela!?

Reactions: wownmnpare

ROMANREIGNS599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't afford either. That's why I'm in this thread. should contact Rambler to see how he did all this crazy stuff... Oh! Since Marcus did a CIA background working program, I should contact him too... This is going to be too much work. Hey! But what I'm going to do, if it's not wasting money for pieces of plastic that cost the moon here at Venezuela!?
Nice bro, I'm counting on you!!

Kyuuketsuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

That's pretty much the best solution, I have the rebranded Amiiqo (n2 elite) which basically stores 200 Amibo's on a little POG slammer sized disk (which sometimes is a pain going through 30). Though the best thing is you don't need to purchase the reader/writer if you're using an Android device with NFC. Although at $50 just for the n2 disk is a bit pricey for some (though filling it with 200 Amiibo's would be the equivalent to 25¢ per Amiibo), which I've had limited success with Ntags and Amiibo's (making one just by chance on my phone - Wolf Link).

I think the developer of NoAmii, possibly weighed out all the viable alternatives at the time he stopped posting. Which one I've thought about with an Android device, like how Android Pay works, is the possibility of turning an Android device into an Amiibo Bank. Basically, every Amiibo at the touch of a screen and tap to either the n3DS or Switch, because it's entirely possible.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was really hoping for NoAmii, because I have an Old 3DS (XL), no Android (or other) device with NFC, and no desire to get the Nintendo NFC reader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs