[WIP] Blaster Master Zero - Original Soundtrack Restoration

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by FateForWindows, Apr 25, 2017.

1. FateForWindows
    OP

FateForWindows GBAtemp Fan

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    LATEST CHANGE: All BCSTM streams heard in Area 1 and 2 are finished, except for some dialogue and the bcwavs in the bcsar.
    The Original Soundtrack Restoration mod for Blaster Master Zero restores the soundtrack from the original NES classic. This mod is currently Nintendo 3DS-exclusive. To help improve consistency, some songs from other Sunsoft games (such as Gimmick) will be included in a seperate pack.
    Progress (more songs will be added as development continues)
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Downloads
    Currently there are no downloads. Once everything is ready, the mod will be released.
    Why was this made?
    In my personal opinion, the original soundtrack of Blaster Master was great. I also enjoyed the soundtrack of Blaster Master Zero, but felt a bit disappointed and felt, like some other fans of the game, that the soundtrack of Zero was more generic. Compared to the original, the remake didn't do justice music-wise, which was very disappointing, since in most other aspects (except difficulty) it was much better than the original classic.

This page will be updated and expanded as more progress is completed.

Last edited by FateForWindows, May 2, 2017
    CaptainSwag101 likes this.
  2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I do like the nes music, but i also appreciate the new music, but perhaps a option for original music will be included in future update? The game isn't "Complete" yet, dlc is planned so maybe hold off on it until more news is made? I'm not defending the idea of this project but just maybe the problem could solve itself.

3. FateForWindows
    OP

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    True, we already know about the Gunvolt DLC so there might be a classic music DLC.

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  4. FateForWindows
    OP

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    I can now confirm that Area 1 is WORKING!

5. FateForWindows
    OP

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    The boss siren and area clear jingle are finished. The OP will be updated accordingly.

6. FateForWindows
    OP

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Area 1 and 2 are done, all of the bcstm music heard during those sections, with the exception of some dialogue themes, have been replaced.