Windows Longhorn VM won't install problem

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by thekarter104, Aug 1, 2017.

1. thekarter104
    OP

thekarter104 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    Hello. I have a problem getting Windows Longhorn to work.

I can't take a picture because on printscreen, it restarts Virtualbox, so I just write out the error:

"Windows could not start because this computer is no longer supported.

Windows now requires that your computer compiles with the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) specification.
    Please contact the computer manufacturer for the availability of a BIOS update that correctly supports ACPI."

What do I have to do now?

Thanks in advance.

2. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    just install vista ?
    Why would you want longhorn anyways ? it was never completed as it changed into Vista if I remember correctly, so its just some kind of Beta version.

seems you need to change bios settings from apm to acpi or something like this ... I think I have read somehwere that with some tricks you could get into the "bios" in VBox ... else try vmware.

3. thekarter104
    OP

Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    I know it's the beta version of Vista and is never completed. I just mess around with beta stuff lol.
    I don't want to install Vista.

I currently just have DOS (and Windows 3.11 inside.) and Windows 2000 and they work perfectly.

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Messing about with beta OS's can be fun, it's great to see how Windows XP developed from Windows 2000, likewise with all the Longhorn / Vista betas you can see how Windows XP evolved to the point of becoming Vista.

Check the BIOS options are set to BIOS and not EFI, that could be the issue.

5. thekarter104
    OP

Mar 28, 2013
    United States