Gaming Windows 8 Developer Preview and Ubuntu?

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a machine that I installed the Windows 8 Developer Preview on. That replaced the OS that was already on there (Windows XP) so it was the only OS installed. I don't like Win8 so I decide to install Ubuntu on the machine. I used the Windows installer (wubi) on the Ubuntu website. Now, when I start up the machine it goes into the boot menu but it only gives me the option to pick Win8; Ubuntu doesn't show up as an option. I would really like to just get rid of the Windows 8 installation and just have Ubuntu installed. How can I do that?

kirlac

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
If you want to get rid of win8 and have ubuntu instead, why not just back up the files you want to keep, put the ubuntu disc in, reboot and use the ubuntu installer to format your drive and install ubuntu in its place? Using the windows installer will try to install it along side windows, rebooting with the disc in and using the proper installer will let you format/partition your dives and install it however you want (i.e. in place of windows).

EDIT: Also what don't you like about windows? There are hacks available to fix most things that people aren't happy about to make it more like older versions.

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got it. It was a pain in the butt since I don't have any blank CDs to burn to and the computer I was installing on doesn't support USB booting. PloP was refusing to work but I finally got it. Anyway, thanks to the two who tried help.

Also, I don't like Windows 8 simply because it isn't finished yet. I don't want to bother with hacks or the like to get it working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs