Windows 7 64bit WBFS Drive?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Zero9X, Nov 29, 2009.

Nov 29, 2009

Windows 7 64bit WBFS Drive? by Zero9X at 2:57 PM (5,219 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Zero9X
    OP

Newcomer Zero9X Member

United Kingdom
    Hi,

Got my hard drive up and working on my wii, even copied my NSMB disc to the hard drive via my wii. The only problem i seem to be having is that windows isn't detecting my drive, neither are the manager programs either. Have i missed something or is it just not compatible with windows 7 64bit?

2. Captin

Newcomer Captin Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I use WBFS manager 3.0 with no problems on Windows 7 64bit. I use an external drive dock with a 3.5" seagate 500gb drive.

3. Zero9X
    OP

Newcomer Zero9X Member

United Kingdom
    My HDD is showing up in the disk management section, but it doesn't have a drive letter associated with it. With the file system left as blank, i've never heard of WBFS till now. I'm guessing windows doesn't know what it is.

4. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    WBFS Manager is working perfectly here on Windows 7 64bit too.

5. skydoune

Newcomer skydoune Advanced Member

Canada
    Try setting WBFS Manager in windows xp sp3 compatibility mode with "run this program as admin". It wouldn't let me format my sd card to wbfs otherwise, maybe this could also work for you. If you don't know how, right click on the program, properties, compatibility, voilĂ  all is there.

6. fabi280

Member fabi280 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    You can associate a drive Letter to the Drive with the DiskManager
    Wii Backup Manager works fine with the Windows 7 x64 Version

7. Zero9X
    OP

Newcomer Zero9X Member

United Kingdom
    Don't worry, its sorted now. [​IMG]
    I followed a wrong guide more or less, i originally formatted it into unformatted using Gparted then let Usbloader do its thing. To get windows to pick it up again i changed it to ntfs using Gparted, then formatted it using WBFS Manager to put my games on.

Now i need your help with recommendations on themes and could someone please explain to me what a forwarder is? Also preferably i would like to have a nice channel, instead of going through HBC all the time. Much appreciated. [​IMG]