Windows 10 is now Usable on Ps4 (And kernel headers available) need testers.

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Tikilou, May 17, 2018.

1. Tikilou
    OP

Tikilou Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2018
    France
    Hi, i've modded with ValentinBreiz the Linux Loader Payload, compiled a new Linux Kernel with different settings for AMD GPU driver support and unlock screen resolution, with Packages for Manjaro/ArchLinux, and kernel Headers.

It's now possible to launch Windows with CPU host on Ps4, it's working well (but your need a good USB device or loading will be slow, SSD could be the best solution)

It's actually a test period, you can coming on our telegram group and download them, and said us of it's working for you => https://t.me/ps4linux4homebrews .

Ps ; with this Linux Loader, there is a limitation, your gonna get a blackscreen until graphical environnement loading (Xorg), shell TTY don't work, but you can use SSH for that. If the led of PS4 after loading of payload is white (wait 30 seconds after black screen max), system is frozen, but it's going to blue/purple, then, Lnux have booted, and you have to wait the graphical environment.

Ninn, CaptainSodaPop, depaul and 4 others like this.
  2. Tikilou
    OP

Tikilou Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2018
    France
  3. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    So, PS4 gets Windows 10, and Switch gets Windows 95? :( Is this the power of the PS4? :P

4. Tikilou
    OP

Tikilou Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2018
    France
    Well, PS4 have one big advantage, a X86_64 CPU, with AMD virtualisation extensions (for using CPU host on a VM, like a native system), so it's working very well. (Linux distro and MacOS too.)

Android should work on Linux with Genymotiion now, too.

5. depaul

depaul GBAtemp Fan

May 21, 2014
    France
    What? really great news!! how is speed ? how do program run (emulators,...)? thanks!

Last edited by depaul, May 17, 2018
  6. TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 28, 2015
    How!? Great job m8! Can we use windows like normal/daily usage? And its permanent install?

7. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    Is your kernel exploit a permanent install?

8. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I mean, cool from a tech progress standpoint, but honestly the last thing I want on my ps4 is sodding Windows B-)

9. TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 28, 2015
    Nope, I didnt read at all. Okay, I find mu answer :D thx

10. TheRealNGB

TheRealNGB GBAtemp Regular

Dec 30, 2017
    United States
    so in laymen terms it is windows 10 running on a vm thorugh linux?

So how much of the system's hardware is usable now and in the future? I mean like will this become a viable windows solution for ps4 taking full advantage of the cpu/gpu/ram, or will it be a crippled substitute.

11. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    I want to know the performance of pcsx2, dolphin and cemu. Can you test them?

12. Tikilou
    OP

Tikilou Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2018
    France
    Don't dream too much guys. PS4 is not a PC, there is somes differences, a the Linux Kernel was adapted for theses differences.
    Windows is not open source, the kernel is closed source, you never will see Windows run on Ps4 natively. Here your only have CPU native performances, any else device is emulated, even the GPU.

depaul and Kaan_ like this.
  13. smf

smf GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    Porting software to different hardware without source code is entirely possible. Your prediction might be right that it never happens, but it's not because it's impossible. It's just that it's a lot of work. Anyone able to do that work is probably getting paid lots of money to do other things, but it's hard to predict the future.

14. Tikilou
    OP

Tikilou Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2018
    France
    You can't running Windows Kernel on a no PC without source code... Only somes governments/army have access to the source code of Windows for doing stuff like that...

Anyway, i've found something interesting and i have a bad new for FAT PS4, the CPU is not the same at the PRO.

FAT PS4 CPU :

Model : DG1002FGFGF84HT
    Révision : 3 (Donc il y a eu au moins 3 révisions du CPU sur FAT)
    Speed : 1593.744Mhz
    Virtualization : No (No SVM extension)

On PS4 Pro CPU :

Model : DG13065ML87HY
    Revision : 1
    Speed : 2091.990Ghz
    Virtualization : Yes (AMD-V - SVM extension)

You can check on your PS4 under Linux with comand line :

"lscpu"

And report here.

If you don't have AMD-V support with SVM extension, you can only emulate a 32 bits CPU, not using natively the CPU of the host (the PS4).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

In fact, actually we know only PS4 pro can run a Windows x64 (bits), we don't know about PS4 Slim.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice