Windows 10 app lag???

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by GoldenTreesYT, Aug 25, 2018.

1. GoldenTreesYT
    OP

GoldenTreesYT Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2017
    United States
    Hi, I have a windows 10 computer with 8Gb ram and a core i5 CPU. I need help with my windows games though!!! Minecraft windows 10 edition is using about 1GB of ram and refuses to go higher, even though I have 8GB ram. I open task manager and nothing is going past even 30% usage, but the game is lagging at a nearly unplayable rate.. How do I make it use more? CPU Power average is 12%, Memory is 28%, disk fluculates between 0% and 1%, and everything else stays at 0. What do I do??? (Specific specs: CPU Core i5-2520M [2.50 GHz] 8GB DDR3 ram, and a Hitachi HTS543216L9SA00 Hard Disk.)

2. GoldenTreesYT
    OP

GoldenTreesYT Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2017
    United States
    Extra info: I've already removed the Xbox app, (Also, game DVR doesnt work on my pc) i've tried turning down the graphics and it does NOTHING... I've disabled many programs in task manager... Nothing. Even disabling chrome running in the background did nothing.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also, if anyone was wondering, minecraft java IS far past unplayable, getting a nice steady 0 fps

3. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
  4. GoldenTreesYT
    OP

GoldenTreesYT Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2017
    United States
    Thanks for the info, but I'm using windows 10 edition, not java edition. I already know how to allocate more ram to MC java

5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Not exactly the answer you're looking for, but indeed there seems to be a problem with your computer - I played Java Minecraft on an i5 sandybridge almost like yours, with half the memory (and Java set for half to 1 GB available to the program). On Mac OS of all things!

6. GoldenTreesYT
    OP

GoldenTreesYT Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2017
    United States

I might be able to dual-boot mac as well.. I already have windows 10+7, and ubuntu 16.04

Never used mac before though

7. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

GBAtemp Patron
    AlanJohn is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2011
    Ukraine
    Canada,New Jersey
    If you are running the latest version of Windows 10, you might need to enable Game Mode to allow Windows to allocate more resources to Minecraft.
    Here's a guide how to enable Game Mode.

8. migles

migles All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    I am suspecting he doesn't have a dedicated GPU.
    or if he has one, either is really shit (its a laptop after all) or may be disabled\not drivers installed