Hacking Wind waker advice.

azeluk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so I'm poor at the moment as much as I would love to buy a Wii u and wind waker hd I just can't, so I'm reliant on my gc version to give me the zelda fix I need.

BUT! although the game runs nicely on my Wii things in the distance look, well grainy and out of focus, i've backed up my copy to my hard drive and ran it through cfg USB loader to see if that made an improvement and it kinda did but not dramatically, is there any way to make this game look less grainy?,i know it will not look like the hd version (unless ran through dolphin)but would a hdmi converter help to smooth the picture? Or any settings on my TV or cfg loader.

Many thanks

Azel

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're already using component cables, that's as good a picture you're going to get out of it outside of Dolphin. You can run it through Nintendont and see if the progressive patch gives you a slightly better picture, but in the end it's still a 480p picture.

azeluk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was hoping there would be an option to remove the mpeg noise even that would help I'd suppose.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping there would be an option to remove the mpeg noise even that would help I'd suppose.
If you're getting noise, your cables might not be properly shielded. Unless you mean the poor video quality of the Wii in general. For that, you can either get a GameCube with component cables (gives a higher quality image than the Wii, but much more expensive) or you can get a Wii and run it via vWii.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A better option would be to run the game through Dolphin and hook your PC up to your TV if you want a true, yet cheap, alternative to the HD version. That's assuming your PC can run Dolphin but in all honesty Wind Waker doesn't require a super beefy computer to play at 60 fps.

Oh and of course you'd need a controller. Again it's just another option but it solves your HD issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@