Hacking Will we ever be able to get vWii on Gamepad now?

Quicksilver88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that WiiU is hacked pretty wide open will we ever be able to get vWii to use gamepad as a classic pro controller?

Why can't someone take one of the Nintendo Wii games(like xeno) and somehow 'inject' it to start vWii dash? Then any Wii or VC games that can be classic controlled can finally be played offTV?

Is this possible? Will it ever be possible? In the games Nintendo released did they just somehow patch Gamepad in as a controller to vWii or did they have to somehow do custom 'linking' directly to each game

The thought of Nintendont on gamepad....the gamepad is perfect to play GC games....please oh great genius gods of hacking/modding make this so.

Reactions: DocAmes1980

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Take a look here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/injecting-into-wii-vc-on-wii-u.451210/

And here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/decrypting-wii-vc-nfs-files.452426/

They already got Wii VC decrypted and playable in ISO format in Dolphin.
Right now they are trying to encrypt any ISO back into the NFS format which the Wii U uses to spit a Wii ISO for the Virtual Console.

Also, it seems they figured out that by changing a value in the meta.xml from 1 to 65537 makes the VC detect the gamepad, but there is still no input, they are working on that too.

Quicksilver88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take a look here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/injecting-into-wii-vc-on-wii-u.451210/

And here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/decrypting-wii-vc-nfs-files.452426/

They already got Wii VC decrypted and playable in ISO format in Dolphin.
Right now they are trying to encrypt any ISO back into the NFS format which the Wii U uses to spit a Wii ISO for the Virtual Console.

Also, it seems they figured out that by changing a value in the meta.xml from 1 to 65537 makes the VC detect the gamepad, but there is still no input, they are working on that too.

Hey thank you for the informed reply.....exciting to see and if they have already made this much progress then a gamepad vWii launcher seems to be within sight! For me that would make the WiiU just about the perfect Nintendo legacy machine letting me play everything from NES to Wii (including GC) on the Gamepad......that's pretty rad

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey thank you for the informed reply.....exciting to see and if they have already made this much progress then a gamepad vWii launcher seems to be within sight! For me that would make the WiiU just about the perfect Nintendo legacy machine letting me play everything from NES to Wii (including GC) on the Gamepad......that's pretty rad
You're welcome :)
And yes, having the option to play everything Nintendo from NES all the way up to Wii U through the Gamepad is the dream we are after! :P

Reactions: retrofan_k

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHOA! Seriously? O_O

But is it only injections or the whole vwii firmware? I wanna play the wii homebrew games and emulators like genesis plus gx with game pad. :)

Or least all the original wii disc games that support wii classic controller. Least for wii mote it could just be touch screen somehow. Or even a ps4 controller with touch pad. :unsure:

Arcade stick super smash bros brawl, please make it happen :P

lebrawurschd

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
one after another i gues its just for the injection there is probably a way once they figured out how to inject wii isos to use with gamepad to use that somehow on the vwii

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!
Has someone the meta.xml of Xenoblade Wii VC? It's for see if some node have the 65537 value and do the same in Super Mario Galaxy. I want to know the node <blah blah/>.
Bye!

Quicksilver88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I would love to see 007 playable on the gamepad and RE4 would be nice as well......hopefully we will get to a full vWii so all the VC and custom EMUs can be accommodated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked