Homebrew Will this system transfer work?

ToonGoomba

Sarcastic Super Star
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a New Nintendo 3DS XL that is running CFW and B9S, and I've installed MANY CIA's, but I dont really like my 3DS anymore because the New 2DS looks way more slimmer and durable, and I really want it. But the thing is, I want to transfer EVERYTHING from my original New 3DS to a New 2DS without losing any CIA's, custom themes, NTR cheats, roms, .NDS files, and other major homebrew titles/files. How would I be able to do this, and is it possible?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a New Nintendo 3DS XL that is running CFW and B9S, and I've installed MANY CIA's, but I dont really like my 3DS anymore because the New 2DS looks way more slimmer and durable, and I really want it. But the thing is, I want to transfer EVERYTHING from my original New 3DS to a New 2DS without losing any CIA's, custom themes, NTR cheats, roms, .NDS files, and other major homebrew titles/files. How would I be able to do this, and is it possible?
You can do a system transfer... Just backup your saves, tik.db and title.db prior then restore them with Godmode9 afterwards and make sure you use the SAME SD card in your new system. DO NOT FORMAT IT.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do a system transfer... Just backup your saves, tik.db and title.db prior then restore them with Godmode9 afterwards and make sure you use the SAME SD card in your new system. DO NOT FORMAT IT.
do you know of any tutorial that walks you through this process?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I followed this method but the apps didn't show up on the new console. I tried many times and it never worked for me.

ToonGoomba

Sarcastic Super Star
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I dont, I have no knowledge about a hacked transfer and haven't seen any tutorials yet

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I followed this method but the apps didn't show up on the new console. I tried many times and it never worked for me.

Hm...I dunno about dis. Try to find a reason why apps wont show up, I dont want to go through all the work if I mess up

Last edited by ToonGoomba,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there is a godmode usage section on the guide. There is no step by step tutorial as it's a simple process, I told you exactly what to backup/restore. Whatever isn't restored in your title/tik.db must be reinstalled. Steps would be:
1. Backup save data
2. Dump title.db/tik.db via Godmode9
3. Backup SD card
4. Create Nand backup
5. System Transfer
6. Insert your original SD card into your NEW console.
7. Restore tik.db/title.db
8. Restore save files
9. Restore any missing titles.
10. Restore NAND on Source
11. Enjoy having a 1:1 copy

Last edited by Majickhat55,

ToonGoomba

Sarcastic Super Star
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there is a godmode usage section on the guide. There is no step by step tutorial as it's a simple process, I told you exactly what to backup/restore. Whatever isn't restored in your title/tik.db must be reinstalled. Steps would be:
1. Backup save data
2. Dump title.db/tik.db via Godmode9
3. Backup SD card
4. Create Nand backup
5. System Transfer
6. Insert your original SD card into your NEW console.
7. Restore tik.db/title.db
8. Restore save files
9. Restore any missing titles.
10. Restore NAND on Source
11. Enjoy having a 1:1 copy
So CIA's will appear on the Home Menu when I turn on the new system?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So CIA's will appear on the Home Menu when I turn on the new system?
If you do everything I said and use the SD card from your source system, then yes. The biggest mistake people make is NOT using their original SD card in the new system. They basically just try to copy the contents from one SD to another without the transfer and title restore then wonder why their titles don't show up. The Nintendo 3DS folder on your SD card is encrypted for YOUR console specifically, so if you don't do the actual system transfer (with the SD card inserted) then restore the files AFTER, your folder can't be read by the console; it will create a new one and your old one will be useless.

ToonGoomba

Sarcastic Super Star
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do everything I said and use the SD card from your source system, then yes. The biggest mistake people make is NOT using their original SD card in the new system. They basically just try to copy the contents from one SD to another without the transfer and title restore then wonder why their titles don't show up. The Nintendo 3DS folder on your SD card is encrypted for YOUR console specifically, so if you don't do the actual system transfer (with the SD card inserted) then restore the files AFTER, your folder can't be read by the console; it will create a new one and your old one will be useless.
Ah, I got it, thanks! I'll follow your steps real carefully

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
You need to install CFW to the N2DS first of all, which I didn't see mentioned here. That's the FIRST thing you should've mentioned. Otherwise any non-legit content won't transfer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended