Will this fix a bricked Wii? Help!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by davidsl_128, Dec 31, 2008.

Dec 31, 2008
  1. davidsl_128
    OP

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    My friend bricked his new NTSC-U Wii installing a PAL update, and he's been searching everywere how to fix it. I think I have a method to fix it, but I don't wanna give him false hopes, so I was wondering if someone could tell me if this has any chances of fixing his Wii before I tell him anything.

Luckily, I had installed Starfall in his Wii, so I can run games even if his Wii is bricked (the Hold Y on GC controller thing). So, maybe I could run Twilight Princess this way and use the Twilight Hack to load the "cIOS Downgrader 1.2" and install the 3.2U system menu.

So, what do you think? Could this work? Has anyone done this before? By the way, it's not just that I don't want to raise his hopes; it's that we'd have to buy/rent/get an original copy of Zelda TP, so I don't wanna have him waste his money if it won't work anyway. Thanks [​IMG]

2. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    I won't say that it will undoubtedly work but there is a very good chance that your theory about using TP to run the IOS downgrader, CIOS downgrader will work. Here's a tutorial that explains what to do. As for the files needed: you will need to search for them...

3. davidsl_128
    OP

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    I already knew how to downgrade, but thanks for the tutorial anyway [​IMG] . Now I just need to get some spare copy of Zelda TP. Still, I'm not worried of what could happen to my friend's Wii; it's not like it can get worst than a brick. He could always loose his game saves, but oh well [​IMG] . So thanks for the help [​IMG]

4. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    For the saves you can run the Save Extractor with the TP exploit first.

5. Xras

Member Xras GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    You should keep in mind that if the system is turned to PAL, you might need a PAL version of Zelda TP for it to work. But i'm not sure if an NTSC version could do the same for you.

6. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    True, but (if needed) he could just run StarFall again and set the region free on Wii games and be back in business.

+1 StarFall
    [​IMG]

7. Xras

Member Xras GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Yeah.. Kinda forgot about that one [​IMG]

Well, easy enough to figure out, i'd say [​IMG]

8. afif95

Member afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Malaysia
  9. Ltkort

Newcomer Ltkort Advanced Member

Netherlands
    I had exactly the same, with my pal wii and Ntsc shizzle....... but i could use the pal zelda. and i did exactly the same and it worked! (i used savegame extractor!)