Hacking Will this fix a bricked Wii? Help!

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
My friend bricked his new NTSC-U Wii installing a PAL update, and he's been searching everywere how to fix it. I think I have a method to fix it, but I don't wanna give him false hopes, so I was wondering if someone could tell me if this has any chances of fixing his Wii before I tell him anything.

Luckily, I had installed Starfall in his Wii, so I can run games even if his Wii is bricked (the Hold Y on GC controller thing). So, maybe I could run Twilight Princess this way and use the Twilight Hack to load the "cIOS Downgrader 1.2" and install the 3.2U system menu.

So, what do you think? Could this work? Has anyone done this before? By the way, it's not just that I don't want to raise his hopes; it's that we'd have to buy/rent/get an original copy of Zelda TP, so I don't wanna have him waste his money if it won't work anyway. Thanks
smile.gif

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't say that it will undoubtedly work but there is a very good chance that your theory about using TP to run the IOS downgrader, CIOS downgrader will work. Here's a tutorial that explains what to do. As for the files needed: you will need to search for them...

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
I already knew how to downgrade, but thanks for the tutorial anyway
happy.gif
. Now I just need to get some spare copy of Zelda TP. Still, I'm not worried of what could happen to my friend's Wii; it's not like it can get worst than a brick. He could always loose his game saves, but oh well
rolleyes.gif
. So thanks for the help
smile.gif

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You should keep in mind that if the system is turned to PAL, you might need a PAL version of Zelda TP for it to work. But i'm not sure if an NTSC version could do the same for you.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xras said:
You should keep in mind that if the system is turned to PAL, you might need a PAL version of Zelda TP for it to work. But i'm not sure if an NTSC version could do the same for you.

True, but (if needed) he could just run StarFall again and set the region free on Wii games and be back in business.

+1 StarFall
smile.gif

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
cracker said:
Xras said:

True, but (if needed) he could just run StarFall again and set the region free on Wii games and be back in business.

+1 StarFall
smile.gif

Yeah.. Kinda forgot about that one
wacko.gif

Well, easy enough to figure out, i'd say
wink.gif

Ltkort

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had exactly the same, with my pal wii and Ntsc shizzle....... but i could use the pal zelda. and i did exactly the same and it worked! (i used savegame extractor!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.