Hacking Will there ever be a softmod cfw for the switch lite

Sonic3320

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so do you think we could ever see one or will it be like the xbox 360 and have no way to cfw it because of the hardware and only way to bypass it is to install a modchip?

I think it is possible to think outside of the box (even though the wii is easily hackable, the bluebomb exploit is quite clever, for example), so I dont think it is impossible for these consoles to never support software hacking. The 360 is far harder because of the hypervisor, as far as I know, the Switch doesnt have something similar.
Relying solely on webkit exploits wont lead nowhere.

captain_obvious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone wishes for a softmod to be available for Mariko & newer units. I do. You do. Everyone in this thread does. Everyone on the GBATemp Switch forums does. Everyone who is into reverse-engineering of Horizon, the kernel and the hardware also does.

Yet Nintendo has learned that half-assing firmware and not hack-proofing it isn't the way to go. They probably hired actual security experts that make code safe from attacks like ROP, not to mention that they wrote Horizon FROM THE GROUND UP without using any sort of pre-written code, which is an impressive achievement considering that both Microsoft and Sony console firmwares all are based on something else.

The reason why the RCM bug is possible is also nVIDIA's fault, not Nintendo's. Nintendo used nVIDIA's chips and didn't know that they had an exploit that could allow for homebrew software and piracy.

That's why I advise you - purchase an Erista unpatched unit, considering that it has been verified multiple times by multiple hackers that the Switch is as secure as Fort Knox. I know, purchasing the RPi and the related electrical components to make a modchip might sound like a deal for only $20 or so, but unless you have precise hands and years of experience with precise microsoldering, just don't go fucking around with the hardware because then you'll lose even the Lite itself.
This is a very different opinion to what you held before I joined.

Flaming_Autist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if someone finds another hole, theyre likely holding onto it until the switches end of life. buy an iron and learn to solder. this is what I did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps