Gaming Will 'The Cheat Thread' reopen soon?

hoist20032002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just curious as to will "The Cheat Thread Compilation" resume or not? Because alot of us do work,got school or just too damn lazy to put the codes in for themselves. If it would come back..why not give the cheat code squad the mod priveleges to take care of the non cheat code related topics? Just because some people are insolent insubordinate noobs who ask idiotic questions and make foul comments doesn't mean that everybody should suffer for it....Anybody agree with me? So Narin,Curley,Elixir,MrFatso and the rest of the cheat code squad plz consider thinking bout my suggestion because it would help out alot and All of us need you gentlemen back.
smile.gif
moogle.gif

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
First, this is not a whining post
Second, i am not flaming hoist20032002 or anyone
Third, this is my opinion

I am not sure about the rest of them but i do think the cheat thread should be LOCKED forever!

have you guys ever notice since the cheat thread is locked! the level of stupidity in the forum had decreased so much?

where did those code requests went ?
where are those idiots (they are not noobs) who got the thread LOCKED!
where are those people who is rude and think they know every single thing?
where are all those repeated aka xxxxxx questions?!
where are those questions that have been asked in a daily basis?
whinners?

yeah we still see a few questions been asked over the course of a week but at least 95% of the questions are legitimate!

As per update? I do see one week once is more than enough! This was even mentioned by Narin, he will try to update as long he is free! Of course it also depends on the RELEASE!~!

Since 24th i don't see we need any update until OG was release! No worries there would be an update over the course this week!

I think i mentioned on the cheat thread itself? how an update is done by us.....the most important thing would be CHEAT CODES!
seriously, i can make tons of codes as long as is not some camera mod, a code that make wolverine nude or some funny funny codes! anyway, why the hell should i even if i could?

i think some of us do it in the basis of interest or challenge! for me is more on the challenge side!
ever since i start making codes i had been challenge myself over and over again! this is how i learn new coding/search techniques!

Time spent on the recent major release
Those OG codes took me 4-6 hours including some codes i didn't post!
Those DB Kai codes took me 2-3 hours although i had got most of them out in the first 30 minutes

By the way, i love reading the cheat compilation as well and i admit i gain and learn alot from there

shiroitaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dsjunkieman said:
ok guys since i cant get the hang of making my own codes yet id thought id bug ya some more for help. so i added every code in this thread (minus the zubo) to the 24th update + a couple others i think dont remeber kinda buzzed. anyway usually i just save in .evo but i wanted to see if you guys with other cards could check if my files will work on the cards im waiting on in the mail...or know of a way to check them on the comp. anyway i made a few different formats here they are::

http://rapidshare.com/files/229328219/user.evoCheats

http://rapidshare.com/files/229332749/usrcheat.dat

http://rapidshare.com/files/229332750/cheat.db

http://rapidshare.com/files/229332751/cheats.dat

http://rapidshare.com/files/229332752/cheats.xml

like...im not exactly sure what i did wrong but it looks like some of the file sizes came out too large (.xml, .db, usrcheat.dat). the .evo one came out fine but that one i do all the time...
cry.gif
im confuzled...and rather hammered. i can only check the .evo one right now cause thats the only card i have, but my ak2i is coming soon and im trying to test my options

and about the code-making programs crashing i think i just got a bad file of it...earlier i actually made a working money code on the girlfriends computer after she passed out, but when i got home and tried to load up the same game {From the Abyss (U)} i had the same crashing problem

Now go and thank Him!!!!!!
yaynds.gif

dsjunkieman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe someday it will be unlocked...but is it really worth it? you can still get the updated cheat file at the cheats.gbatemp.net part and all the compilation got to was 600+ pages of clutter. it was really too hard to sort through all that to find the new cheats you were looking for...

and seriously making the codes in the first place sounds kind of like a video game itself doesnt it?

dsjunkieman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aww thanks shiroitaka!

but seriously im not sure if all of them work yet. i checked .evo but im still going through the codes for each game. so far so good
biggrin.gif

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
elixirdream said:
Welcome Back Antoligy!
i rather the thread is shut
smile.gif

hahaha.... yeah hope Narin's solution is good
tongue.gif

NOTE: there would be an UPDATE in few hours time!
hope?
its the best solution I've ever heard! I mean, WOW! I'd never have thought about combatting the problem like that.
GBAtemp's server load would be decreased... Brilliant!

Amak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing wiki?

I'm surprised he's carrying on...most people would have been discouraged by all the morons. I respect the fact that he is carrying on...admirable.

DARKSHIDARA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i think only narin and his team should bet he only ones allowed to post on that thread i mean its like out of those 656 pages 650 are full of $hi+!!!
and doesnt it feel good to actually have some time away from noobish questions and mindless requests!?!?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I will be revamping the cheats.gbatemp.net page and adding a RSS feed as well to it so you can get updates via your popular RSS news feeder app and such. Also there will be a new forums dedicated to cheats and the cheat database set up soon as well. Please be patient, I'm working two jobs at the moment on top of my work on GBAtemp and the cheat database so I have been a little busy lately. Things should be calming down soon for me though. In the very least, I will make an update once a week, more if I get the time to.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Narin, dont feel pushed to do it.. Take your time and if people keep making threads and PMing peoeple about the thread, Just dont open it for a while.. People have got to learn..

I hope your work dies down soon for you.. You sound like you could need a vacation..
smile.gif

BeLGaRaTh

Trophies
XP
Country
Narin, take your time, jeebus two jobs, you must be knackered
frown.gif
As Curley mentioned people have to learn that it is a priviledge to get the cheat database, not a right. If they were so concerned then they would attempt to add codes they want themselves rather than sit on their @r$e$ and wait for someone else to do it.

In the meantime, have a beer on me
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu