HamburgerBandit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WikiPad.jpg

WikiPad Inc. Introduces the First Android Tablet with Glasses-Free 3D and Attachable Video Game Controller at CES 2012

Posted on January 10, 2012

LOS ANGELES, C.A., Jan 9, 2012 – WikiPad, the first glasses-free 3D Android 4.0 tablet with an attachable video game controller, debuts at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas from January 10-13th (Booth 14832, Central Hall).
Unlike traditional tablets, the WikiPad is the first to combine the experience of a high definition, glasses-free 3D tablet with patented hand-held gaming capabilities using an attachable video game controller.
The unique, fully functional WikiPad video game controller attaches directly to the tablet and dramatically enhances the users gaming experience. The video game controller enables users to enjoy casual, mobile, and the latest high-end video games through new cloud gaming services. Music, movies, and television are also easily accessible using the WikiPad.
Designed for portability, the slim size frames an 8’” inch color glasses-free 1080p 3D touch screen that includes Wi-Fi and the Android 4.0 Operating System.
Additional key features:
  • 1080p High definition playback of all formats including H.264, VC1, VOB, ISO, M2TS, and FLV
  • A mini HDMI and USB 2.0 that allows connectivity and compatibility
  • 8GB of flash storage with expandable micro SD storage to 64GB
  • Integrated front and rear cameras for photos, video recording, and video chat
Utilizing the Android 4.0 Operating System, the WikiPad is convenient and practical enough to provide the functionality of a standard tablet but uniquely offers an immersive entertainment experience using its auto-stereoscopic, glasses-free 3D technology and patented attachable video game controller.

Media and attendees are encouraged to have a first hands-on experience with the WikiPad at CES on January 10-13th.
The WikiPad will be available Spring 2012 for purchase online (http://wikipad.com) and through retailers’ worldwide.
About WikiPad Inc.

WikiPad Inc. is a leading developer and designer of portable glasses-free 3D devices. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, WikiPad Inc. is uniquely positioned as pioneers and innovators in the mobile entertainment world by leading the way in accessible and comfortable consumer devices for web, gaming, educational, movies and television content.
For more information on WikiPad please visit: www.wikipad.com

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy poop.
Sounds cool and all, but I doubt many people would use 3D on an already battery intensive system. Also, how many games would be updated to be used with this tablet? Besides emulation, the controller can't be that handy to make someone buy this over something cheaper, for that reason at least. You can buy any Bluetooth controller or wiimote and achieve the same thing, besides attaching to the tablet. The features do sound nice, though.

HamburgerBandit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy poop.
Sounds cool and all, but I doubt many people would use 3D on an already battery intensive system. Also, how many games would be updated to be used with this tablet? Besides emulation, the controller can't be that handy to make someone buy this over something cheaper, for that reason at least. The features do sound nice, though.

The 3D feature on the 3DS fries my eyeballs. I just cant use it. I wonder what it will be like using glasses-free 3D on a large screen?

I really like the controller though, and the price is allegedly only $200. If it can run 4.0 games like GTA3 I might buy one. That's part of the reason why I posted this here. I know people around here know their stuff. And I definitely want to get as many opinions as possible. I need an Android tablet to go with my iOS gear. I want the best of both worlds.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love android a hundred times over iOS, but even I have to admit iOS has a better selection of games available. Android is getting there, but not quite yet.

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh forget these shit Android/iOS games. This is worth it just for n64oid and FPSe. But meh, I can already sync my PS3 Controller with my tablet and emulate touch input with it.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3D feature seems a bit pointless at the moment, seeing as the gaming apps library of the Android is a bit behind the iTunes library, but I think it'd be nice once it's a feature that is being supported more..

The controller though, thats nice. I'd be nice if they actually just tried to market controllers like that so you don't need to have bluetooth ones laying around. I'd certainly invest in one of those

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love android a hundred times over iOS, but even I have to admit iOS has a better selection of games available. Android is getting there, but not quite yet.
Agreed, I have an Android phone and the only games I really play are on emulators (yay FPSe). Once SquareEnix supports Android then the quality of games on Android will improve dramatically. I also want Cave to bring their shmups to Android. The larger screen on Android devices really makes a difference.

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This smells like one of those products that gets hyped by the compant for a little while then never sees the light of day.

Either way, good concept, but the controller attachment looks a lot bulkier than it needs to be. Why have speakers on the attachement and not on the tablet itself?! Also, 1080p on an 8 inch screen AND glasses-free 3D? Over-ambitious much?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome