Homebrew WiiXplorer problem

MikeTR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, so recently I wanted to use the WiiXplorer to view pdf files on the Wii, since it can now.
So i have place the dol on the apps in an apropriate folder, the icon is there, the xml is the thing that I don't think that isn't there but I didn't saw anything related to having to have it, ah I also installed the channel.

So I run the program and it starts, then returns to the wii main menu again, just like that.

So..what am I missing? e.e

MikeTR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so i placed the files again in the sd AND the usb, and loaded through the channel, it started fine and I thought it was going to work but I got a Exception DSI occurred, and a lot of codes showed up like: GPR00 and a lot of numbers ahead until GPR07

STACK DUMP:
800cf3a8 -> 8006049c -> 8009df4c -> 8009deec

Code Dump:
800cf3a8: 81230000 80040000 7F890000 409E0048
800cf3b8: 3D69FEFF 3D008080 380BFEFF 61088080
800cf3c8: 7C094878 7D204039 41A2000C 48000068

Just thought that might help xD

This isn't the first time this happens to me, this error.

So what now? x.x

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What harddisk are you having, and what partitions are on it?
Try to launch it with the harddisk disconnected. See if it makes a difference.

MikeTR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What harddisk are you having, and what partitions are on it?
Try to launch it with the harddisk disconnected. See if it makes a difference.
harddisk? I have a samsung SG, and the only partition that I have is from when i formated it to FAT32
And with or without the harddisk, it has the same error.
Curious enough, upon trying to open the homebre browser, the same error occurs, it happens when it says it's parsing the app list or something.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
change the sd card, if this is what you meant by SG.. samsung dosn't make an SG model hd.(never heard of that one either) could be the sd card isn't compatiable with the wii. or depending on the size of the card your using. i use transcend cards an never had problems with those.

MikeTR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
change the sd card, if this is what you meant by SG.. samsung dosn't make an SG model hd.(never heard of that one either) could be the sd card isn't compatiable with the wii. or depending on the size of the card your using. i use transcend cards an never had problems with those.
I made a mistake, it's S2, and the card never gave me much problem, and I checked for compability and it checked out.
The SD card is a 2GB Kingston

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it in this case it will end up being an issue with the SD card, but Kingston has a really bad rap with techies who do data retrieval.
Photographers are advised to stay away from them.

MikeTR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think it in this case it will end up being an issue with the SD card, but Kingston has a really bad rap with techies who do data retrieval.
Photographers are advised to stay away from them.
I see, since I didn't had any problems with Kingston, I went for it, and it was more accessible xD

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If it doesn't run, even with the harddisk disconnected, the issue can't be the harddisk.

Do you have another sd(hc) card lying around to test with?

I also notice on my setup that there are 2 cfg file in the apps/wiixplorer folder Wiixplorer.cfg and WiixplorerControls.cfg.
Are you having those? I don't know what the behavour would be without them. Maybe the program creates them automatically.
If you already have them, you could try to rename them and see if it makes a difference.

Since the homebrew browser is giving you trouble as well, it looks like an issue on the sd card. Maybe reformatting it and placing the stuff on it again might fix it.
Sometimes, parts of an sd partition become corrupt because you remove the card from your pc 2 fast.

MikeTR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If it doesn't run, even with the harddisk disconnected, the issue can't be the harddisk.

Do you have another sd(hc) card lying around to test with?

I also notice on my setup that there are 2 cfg file in the apps/wiixplorer folder Wiixplorer.cfg and WiixplorerControls.cfg.
Are you having those? I don't know what the behavour would be without them. Maybe the program creates them automatically.
If you already have them, you could try to rename them and see if it makes a difference.

Since the homebrew browser is giving you trouble as well, it looks like an issue on the sd card. Maybe reformatting it and placing the stuff on it again might fix it.
Sometimes, parts of an sd partition become corrupt because you remove the card from your pc 2 fast.
I see! thank you, you've been very helpful.
I'll try to check for that files, but i'll try to format and placing the files back again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol