WiiWare won’t launch via USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by blazingwolf, Apr 6, 2019.

1. blazingwolf
    OP

blazingwolf GBAtemp Fan

Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    New to loading Wii Shop content via USB and emuNand. I have a game called Art of Balande that I installed on my real NAND and confirmed it worked.

I used ModMii and followed it to a T to get my Wii where it is. I dumped my emuNand using the built in option in USB Loader GX. Then used the emuNand WAD manager to install my WAD. It shows up in the game list to launch, but when I do so the game says “Your system file has been corrupted, please redownload and try again.”

Completely new to this. Not sure if I need Neeko? I thought I could just create an emuNand, install using the emuNand manager and be off.

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    yes, it's usually that simple : dump NAND, install Wad, play.

Art of balance doesn't require neek. it works fine with cIOS v8/10 r52.
    if you followed modmii tuto, you should be fine (don't use v10 r53).

you need : d2x cIOS v8 or v10 r52, FAT32, MBR, emuNAND channel option set to Full.

how big is your FAT32 partition? if it's too big (>2TB) it can cause this problem.
    if you edited the emuNAND path to be on USB, set it back to SD card and dump it/try again.
    if you use USB : be sure you plugged only ONE drive in USB. be sure it's in port 0 (bottom on Wii, backtop on WiiU), don't use flash drives (it corrupts the partition).

Last edited by Cyan, Apr 6, 2019
    RunningSnakes likes this.
  3. blazingwolf
    OP

blazingwolf GBAtemp Fan

Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    I have d2x CIOS v8 installed, USB drive is set to FAT32, not sure if its MBR. emuNAND is set to full.

The HDD is 1TB. I'm not sure where I dumped the nand, but I will redump to SD and try again. I only have 1 USB drive connected and its port 0. Its a standard external hard drive.