Hacking WiiWare Releases

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krnz said:
Is there a way to install the wiiware update, but not the 3.3 update?

I want to update for wiiware, but not to 3.3
frown.gif

There is no reason not to update to version 3.3 now that there is a workaround for the Twilight Hack and trucha signed disks.
QUOTE(samsam12 @ Jun 30 2008, 10:01 AM) Magnetica Twist was released in the US today.
This thread lists what games have been dumped, not what games have been released. As you can see, Magnetica Twist/Actionloop Twist was dumped a long time ago (when it was released in the UK as Actionloop Twist), and I doubt that the NTSC-U version will ever be dumped when this version works perfectly on all Wii's.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Lacius said:
...I doubt that the NTSC-U version will ever be dumped when this version works perfectly on all Wii's.

Do you have any familiarity with the scene at all? These people will re-release something if it's one byte different from a competing group's release, let alone a region dupe.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knocks said:
Do you have any familiarity with the scene at all? These people will re-release something if it's one byte different from a competing group's release, let alone a region dupe.
Then please enlighten me as to where the NTSC-U versions of Cocoto Fishing Master, Dr. Mario Online Rx, Toki Tori, and TV Show King are. Where is the PAL version of Brick Breaker Deluxe? Also, if I remember correctly, NTSC-J Saku Saku Animal Panic is still the only way to get Critter Round-Up on NTSC-U or PAL Wii's, and it has been this way for over three months. Please do a little more research next time.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lacius said:
Knocks said:
Then please enlighten me as to where the NTSC-U versions of Cocoto Fishing Master, Dr. Mario Online Rx, Toki Tori, and TV Show King are. Where is the PAL version of Brick Breaker Deluxe? Also, if I remember correctly, NTSC-J Saku Saku Animal Panic is still the only way to get Critter Round-Up on NTSC-U or PAL Wii's, and it has been this way for over three months. Please do a little more research next time.

dont know if this is wrong or not, but arent some of those games japanese only release? i dont do much wiiware searching, only update everytime i feel the need to XD

if that is the case though, its the only reason they are dumped in japanese lol

AND there is a topic called wiiware releases which i stickied at the top of the forum... why is this one here too?
tongue.gif

dsfgd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Lacius said:
Knocks said:

because, there are no scene releases for Wiiware games, all are released by non-sceners and that's why there are no region dubes, why do normal people should buy the same game twices ?

iND, WiiFi, NumbNutz, EXTRAS, WiiSiON, WWR
they just don't care about it.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
dont know if this is wrong or not, but arent some of those games japanese only release? i dont do much wiiware searching, only update everytime i feel the need to XD

Some games are Japanese-only, but not the ones I mentioned. Look at the first post of the thread for a complete list of Japanese-only WiiWare games.
QUOTE(mikeyt1998 @ Jun 30 2008, 12:27 PM) AND there is a topic called wiiware releases which i stickied at the top of the forum... why is this one here too?
tongue.gif
If you are referring to the "Pal WiiWare Releases" thread, it is severely outdated and keeps NTSC-U users away who don't know that it also includes NTSC-U releases. The thread I made is up-to-date and includes what is compatible with other regions with Freethewads.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lacius said:
mikeyt1998 said:

Some games are Japanese-only, but not the ones I mentioned. Look at the first post of the thread for a complete list of Japanese-only WiiWare games.
QUOTE(mikeyt1998 @ Jun 30 2008, 12:27 PM) AND there is a topic called wiiware releases which i stickied at the top of the forum... why is this one here too?
tongue.gif
If you are referring to the "Pal WiiWare Releases" thread, it is severely outdated and keeps NTSC-U users away who don't know that it also includes NTSC-U releases. The thread I made is up-to-date and includes what is compatible with other regions with Freethewads.

alrighty, thanks for clearing that up for me
grog.gif

i thought it looked pretty outdated when i had a look then actually, dont seem to be as many releases as i thought there would be XD

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samsam12 said:
theres a ntsc-u tv show king
Last time I checked, the only NTSC-U TV Show King I saw was just the PAL version patched with Freethewads. I will double-check for you though, but I don't expect to find an actual NTSC-U dump. As dsfgd said, people aren't going to buy the same game twice, especially when there is no difference between the two.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samsam12 said:
i found on gctracker patched with free the wads. search TV Show King on the site and you will find it.
Right, it is the PAL version patched with Freethewads in order to work on NTSC-U Wii's. There is no difference between it and the NTSC-U version, but it is not a dump of the NTSC-U version. I hope this cleared a few things up for you.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Lacius said:

Just because they haven't been dumped, doesn't mean it's NEVER going to happen. People just haven't gotten to them yet. It's not rocket science to "release" a purchased Wiiware or VC title.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SirKhalid said:
On www.abgx.net I found this.

TV.Show.King.USA.Wiiware.Wii-EXTRAS

TV.Show.King.PAL.WiiWare.Wii-iND
Thank you for the information. I also found TV.Show.King.USA.Wiiware.Wii-EXTRAS on another site, and the list will be updated accordingly. Thanks again.
QUOTE(Knocks @ Jun 30 2008, 03:17 PM) Just because they haven't been dumped, doesn't mean it's NEVER going to happen. People just haven't gotten to them yet. It's not rocket science to "release" a purchased Wiiware or VC title.
lol!

Krnz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Removed the weather channel, I used the Mario Kart update to update my wii, it ran fine but the reboot issue still happens with dr mario
frown.gif

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krnz said:
Removed the weather channel, I used the Mario Kart update to update my wii, it ran fine but the reboot issue still happens with dr mario
frown.gif
Are you sure it's the correct region?

Krnz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes, 100% sure it's the right region. The issue is I have 3.2 and never did the wiiware update.

I want to prevent an upgrade to 3.3 if possible, I know that would fix my issues.

Edit : actually debating on just doing the 3.3 update, but I know I will lose Trucha other than using the HB channel and gecko loader.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krnz said:
Yes, 100% sure it's the right region. The issue is I have 3.2 and never did the wiiware update.

I want to prevent an upgrade to 3.3 if possible, I know that would fix my issues.

Edit : actually debating on just doing the 3.3 update, but I know I will lose Trucha other than using the HB channel and gecko loader.
I'm sorry. When you mentioned having version 3.2, I assumed you had the version needed to play WiiWare games, but I briefly forgot that there are two 3.2's, and only the latest allows for WiiWare play. If having the pre-WiiWare 3.2 is indeed the problem, then I believe the easiest solution would be to upgrade to 3.3.

alpha0000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Krnz said:

See the Post #66 in this thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=919...60&start=60
It may help many people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...