WiiWare Game Genie?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by raphzthename, Dec 25, 2012.

Dec 25, 2012

WiiWare Game Genie? by raphzthename at 2:58 PM (1,343 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. raphzthename
    OP

Newcomer raphzthename Advanced Member

United States
    Hey all, I just softmodded my nephew's Wii this Christmas and hooked him up with some old school NES games. The kid has been spoiled by how easy (and less frustrating) today's modern games are. After dying a number of times on the second Mario stage and having to start all over, he's frustrated beyond belief.

Is there a Game Genie app or something similar that I can install in order to give him more lives?

2. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    the old school tricks work. (jumping on the turtle coming down the steps, an getting 99 lives.) or show him the war zones on the underground stages.
    as far as the game genie, no,(but could be speaking to soon.) but i wish there was that would be cool. but more of a pain in the a$$. an would more then likely only work with the emulators.
    an not vc side of the games.

3. Maverick Lunar X

Member Maverick Lunar X GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you're running through an emulator, there is in fact a way to load a cheat file, but I myself have never used it. Filenames have to be exact, I'm sure someone else here can give you better directions

4. OriginalHamster

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    You can launch Virtual Console games from Neogama and apply Ocarina cheats, launching VC games from USB Loader GX and apply Ocarina should work too (I never tried though)

Another option is playing directly from some Wii homebrew NES/SNES emulators and apply GameGenie, the ones availables for Wii are quite good.

5. leic7

Member leic7 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'm assuming this is for a Virtual Console game:

Download Accio Hacks, and Gecko OS.

Put both Accio Hacks and Gecko OS in the 'apps' folder on SD, then turn on the Wii with SD inserted.

Run Accio Hacks from the Homebrew Channel to get cheat codes for your game.

Run Gecko OS from the Homebrew Channel, click through the menu to enable codes for your game, then play the game.

6. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Kids need to learn that not everything is handed on them on a plate. Finishing a "difficult" game without cheats is far more beneficial and enjoyable.