WiiWare #0295 - Bit Boy!! (Europe)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the idea of taking a game and showing what it would look like from a 4-bit computer game right up to a Wii game but this was really badly done.

Apart from the 4-bit game, the rest looked very homebrewy and the whole thing will take less then half and hour to finish. They could have easily made some new levels (they're just mazes after all) but then its fairly painful to play through the ones that are already there.

I'd like to see another developer do this properly.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
In concept this game was "allright", but after having played it through it's VERY shallow and not worth the money AT ALL. I'd wish they made more wiiware games in this retro style, or more like the fabulous "retro gaming challenge" for DS, where they built a sort of world around it and you actually get that feeling of being young and carefree again.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moar retro game challenge. MOAR.

Aside, I want an RPG that, as you go along the quest, it either progresses or retrogrades through generations rather than altering worlds or something like that. Make fun of now being able to walk around a chest rather than into a chest.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:
In concept this game was "allright", but after having played it through it's VERY shallow and not worth the money AT ALL. I'd wish they made more wiiware games in this retro style, or more like the fabulous "retro gaming challenge" for DS, where they built a sort of world around it and you actually get that feeling of being young and carefree again.
I hope SEGA releases Pols Big Adventure in the West, I need to know what the Japanese guy is shouting about. There is a sequel to that coming too.

I think Retro Game Challenge could sell well as seperate downloadable games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k