Hacking WiiU Zelda BotW CRASHING

benito5555

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded BotW using WiiU USB Helper both the game and the latest update v208.

The game loads well and plays well up until certain point exactly the moment when Link finds the first tower and activates it, you know there is a cutscene coming, and that's when the game crashes to a black screen and I have to manually power off.

My Wii U version is 5.3.2. I used WUP Installer to both game and update. I tried downloading different older updates versions, but Wii U won't let me play the game with older updates now it says it needs to update. But I blocked it with DNS.

Does anybody know why is this game crashing?

benito5555

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah mine is USA version too. I stayed away from DLC because I can't get to work Mocha or any other CFW. Whenever I tried to install any DLC, WUP Installer says it failed. So no DLCs, I just want to play the normal basic game and it keeps crashing at the same point.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try a different usb disk and see if you get the same result, perhaps the one you're using may be faulty or unable to keep up with sudden large data chunks.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It likely has something to do with being on 5.3.2. You should update to 5.5.2 if you have Haxchi or CBHC installed. If you are using the browser as an exploit, you should use homebrew to install 5.5.1.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

benito5555

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I let WiiU update to 5.5.2 and then install CBHC or backwards? First CBHC then unblock DNS and let WiiU update to 5.5.2?

And what will happen to all the other games I have installed to USB using WUP Installer? All other games work well, just Zelda is the only game crashing.

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Wii U version is 5.3.2. I used WUP Installer to both game and update. I tried downloading different older updates versions, but Wii U won't let me play the game with older updates now it says it needs to update. But I blocked it with DNS.

Does anybody know why is this game crashing?
update and install haxchi

Last edited by AutumnWolf,

_DrBecks_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Should I let WiiU update to 5.5.2 and then install CBHC or backwards? First CBHC then unblock DNS and let WiiU update to 5.5.2?

And what will happen to all the other games I have installed to USB using WUP Installer? All other games work well, just Zelda is the only game crashing.

First of all: Yes, that‘s an opportunity. You could also buy or „Rent“ a gamedisc with the updatefiles … But more comfortable is to buy a NDS-Game from eShop and install Haxchi.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll be fine mate.. I've done the same thing over the past few weeks it's all worth it Haxchi is the way forward.. If you install CBHC like I did... READ the rules 1st.. But if you stick to Haxchi it's all working flawlessly and safe
Good Luck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or more like...