WiiU Usb helper - injection tool getting stuck on step 2

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by WhaleZ, Aug 15, 2018.

1. WhaleZ
    OP

WhaleZ Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2018
    Australia
    Hi everyone,

So, after a looong break from my Wii-u, I have come back to see GC injection is possible, through USB helper. I am trying to inject a copy of mario party 5, I have an original ISO image of the game from the same region. When I apply the ISO image, it goes through step 1 just fine, but it has been stuck on step 2 for a good while now. (Over an hour)

Is shrinking the ISO image just an incredibly slow process, or has something gone wrong? Thanks in advance

More information - the ISO image is stored on my computer in a common folder, so access privileges shouldn't be an issue.

***edit*** could it have something to do with the fact I now need to use the method detailed on reddit to get USBhelper to even run? I'm lost, thanks

**edit2** 3 hours in, I had to force close USB helper. It was still stuck on step 2 (shrinking the iso)
    I've since tried changing the file name to exactly match the file name shown by USBhelper when it requests the ISO and it looks like it's doing the same thing. I was so looking forward to being able to access my favourite GC games from system menu. I've never had luck with

Last edited by WhaleZ, Aug 15, 2018
  2. WhaleZ
    OP

WhaleZ Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2018
    Australia
    I still there any other alternative methods for injecting GC titles? I'm not willing to give up this crazy mission of mine yet.

3. WhaleZ
    OP

WhaleZ Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2018
    Australia
    I think I found a workaround, for anyone else who experiences this issue in the future. There is a better app, it is called Teconmoon's WiiVC injector. Confirmed working! Much better option then trying to use USB helper. Thanks all, consider this case closed :)

Last edited by WhaleZ, Aug 16, 2018