Hacking WiiU ROM source?

alexh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I saw that there have been various Nintendo source code leaks just recently. Anyone seen any sign of the WiiU Boot ROM source?

I've had a couple of WiiU's come to me with corrupted flash, having been powered off for arguably too long, with no easy way to re-flash them (because they were never dumped).

If someone examined the source to the Boot ROM we could see if Nintendo had a included a way to reflash over USB/SD. Then create our own tool to fix broken consoles.

Any sign of it? I am not asking for it, just if it has been seen.

[Edited to explicitly state this is not a request for copyrighted material]

Last edited by alexh,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that there have been various Nintendo source code leaks just recently. Anyone seen any sign of the WiiU Boot ROM source?

I've had a couple of WiiU's come to me with corrupted flash, having been powered off for arguably too long, with no easy way to re-flash them (because they were never dumped).

If we had the source to the Boot ROM we could see if Nintendo had a included a way to reflash over USB/SD.

Any sign of it?
No piracy

alexh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did not ask for the Source, I asked if anyone had seen it. I would not be interested in the source, only an insight into the way that the ROM works to help create a tool to rebuild the flash of broken consoles. I am NOT trying facilitate piracy. Just increase the lifespan of our consoles.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
he wasn't even asking for source code smh
Quote from alexh: "Anyone seen any sign of the WiiU Boot ROM source?"

But even otherwise it doesn't really matter. Even if some people here had/knew about the source code, he couldn't do anything with it. Unless he knew how to compile something like that (or whatever it is called). And furthermore, nobody here could distribute the code because it is copyrighted.

Last edited by BaamAlex,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If one asks if anyone has seen any sign of a missing person, that doesn't mean that they're asking explicitly for that missing person to be delivered to them, just if anyone has seen any indication that that missing person is out there somewhere.

Reactions: Zense and Lostbhoy

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I know the Test Kit have a Recovery Mode that wipe and flash the NAND with the system update located on a sdcard when the console is powered on with two specific button holded. (SD Image provided by Nintendo).

I guess retail consoles have the same recovery mode but regardless, you would need a sdcard image that work on retail.

D

Deleted User

But even otherwise it doesn't really matter. Even if some people here had/knew about the source code, he couldn't do anything with it. Unless he knew how to compile something like that (or whatever it is called). And furthermore, nobody here could distribute the code because it is copyrighted.
I did not ask for the Source, I asked if anyone had seen it. I would not be interested in the source, only an insight into the way that the ROM works to help create a tool to rebuild the flash of broken consoles. I am NOT trying facilitate piracy. Just increase the lifespan of our consoles.
he didn't ask for the source

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    ill just use edge and watch nintendo videos on firefox. lolol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent
    dog noodles. mmmmmm.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    monkey brains
    The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me
    Did you try the breakfast one they make?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    A good salmon Poké bowl with some cream cheese is decadent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's really not bad you just think of cold cream cheese
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    being lactose intolerant is a sin
    I dont like cream cheese. Thats why. Haha. The breakfast noodle cup sounds fantastic though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat grilled cream cheese would be top notch
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    @ZeroT21 tons of ingredients contains lactose more or less sadly. Makes them tummy aches and farts-o-lantern rocket launches
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My only gripe too many poppy seeds a cop may taze me
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk